Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do AirTran Pilots have the BALLS to take off there Hats?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe I was there a little too early. I saw more pilots with there hat on than with it off. Mine was off but a little disappointed in the rest.

Disappointed in taking pride in their uniform and company? Nothing wrong with that bro.

You think that will promote unity?
Among the 90% who are onboard with this new direction?

Sure.

From the 10% who are NEVER going to do what the union asks of them?

Who gives a d*mn...

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all FOR trying to get someone who's a fence sitter out of the dugouts and into the game, but let's face it, there are always the 10%'ers you are NEVER going to get engaged to help themselves.

I could care less if those guys get a nasty look. It's better than what USED to happen to Scabs and other people who didn't contribute to the succcess of a union's efforts...

Went right by Fornaro yesterday in MCO. He looked at me, sort of smiled and gave me a half wave. It looked like he was in a hurry catching a flight. My missing hat and my unbuttoned top collar didn't seem to faze him one bit. It's the first time I've seen him in person. I thought he was supposed to be 10' tall?

One day, at the end of the preflight checklist, the S/O called "Hats" and the F/O responded "On".

S/O? You mean F/E right? Haven't heard the term S/O (second officer) since the 70s...

Great story!

Last edited:
Great, It's been going swell for us at UAL as well. Months later we still have no hats...we showed them. that's why we got......oh yeah we got nothing. Go ALPA

Maybe you guys can merge with USAPA. I hear they're a liitle short on cash and can use the extra dues money.

PHXFLYR:cool:

F/E or S/O?

S/O? You mean F/E right? Haven't heard the term S/O (second officer) since the 70s...

Great story!

The way I heard it, they were always called S/Os (pilots) at Delta. When we picked up some F/Es (professional flight engineers) with the C&S merger, Woolman offered them a choice: obtain a pilot license (at Company expense) or become a ground mechanic. Some chose the former, and retired as Captains.

Latest resources

Back