Do AirTran Pilots have the BALLS to take off there Hats?

birdman1

Total Time
Lots
Next week will be hats off weeks for AirTran pilots to protest the resent circus episode. Does the pilots at the Tranny have the balls to leave their hats at home, or will they be coming to work with their tails between their a-- cheeks wearing their hats. We shall see.

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
Know, know, know. He means them hats, pacifically. Ekspecially them lose hats, you no, the ones that slip down, ek cetera.

;)

Don't you hate that you can't change thread titles?

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
Well done! :beer:
I'll second that! TWE too!

I bet all my loose change Birdman either did it on purpose or wishes he had.

Eagle757shark

Total Time
April 1, 2009
Hats Off to Our Pilots
Recent events, especially the suspension of FO xxx xxxx last week, have brought attention to the intimidation tactics and abuse that AirTran management frequently uses against our pilots. As announced last week, we have planned a picketing event for April 13th to protest these unacceptable actions by management.
In addition to the picketing event, the NPA is now announcing “Hats Off to Our Pilots” week. As a display of protest to the intimidation tactics used by management, we would like everyone to take their ‘hats off to our pilots.’ Next week, leading up to our picketing event, we would like all members flying Monday through Friday, April 6-10, to display unity by removing your uniform hats. If you see a fellow NPA member wearing his or her hat, politely remind them of this unity event, and explain the importance of union solidarity.
Your NPA leadership is committed to a strong, ongoing campaign to demonstrate solidarity and unity. Please stay tuned for further information about picketing and other SPC events. Until then, ‘hats off to our pilots.’
In unity,
Your Board of Directors

RP170

Total Time
Sounds like a great place to work. Good luck guys.

Last edited:

RedDogC130

Total Time
enough
wish we could do something like that here at big LUV regarding our crappy TA...maybe wearing and ipod and wearing a backpack walking throught the terminal showing what our passengers will see if we codeshare. Good Job Tranny keep it up

Nindiri

Total Time
If that's what the Union wants, then I will comply and leave off the hat. I'm not sure about the logic of it, though. We're protesting the company's accusation that an FO wore his uniform inappropriately by wearing our uniforms inappropriately.

Coool Hand Luke

Total Time
If that's what the Union wants, then I will comply and leave off the hat. I'm not sure about the logic of it, though. We're protesting the company's accusation that an FO wore his uniform inappropriately by wearing our uniforms inappropriately.
No, you missed the whole point. The point is that AirTran management should be worried more about ways to make a profit and increase revenues than issues like some crewmemeber's attire going to and from work. Idiots.

instructordude

Playing with Fire
Total Time
Taking your hat off makes you look unprofessional. Is this really what you want??? Take pride in your company!!

Last edited:

RedRum

Total Time
Enough
That'll show em! Go get em boys!

United did the same thing. I remember a buddy of mine was telling me all about it. He is now on the street along with 1000 eventual furloughees.

Not NPA...not ALPA. NO ONE! I repeat NO ONE Is going to stick up for you guys. Keep your noses clean, don't violate a FAR and the paycheck will keep coming.

Get the picture? Management could CARE LESS whether you wear your hat or not.

Sorry to be so blunt. It's all about control and the almighty dollar. Whether or not you wear your hat is irrelevant.

Where is Frank Lorezo to back me up on this? :)

Nindiri

Total Time
No, you missed the whole point. The point is that AirTran management should be worried more about ways to make a profit and increase revenues than issues like some crewmemeber's attire going to and from work. Idiots.
Nah, I got the point, I just don't see how this specific tactic is going to help, except maybe as some sort of pilot unity show.

bladeusa

living the dream..
Total Time
We have hats???
hey.. at least it isnt Pants Off to Our Pilots !! or P.O.O.P if you prefer acronyms.. :D

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
We have hats???
hey.. at least it isnt Pants Off to Our Pilots !! or P.O.O.P if you prefer acronyms.. :D
Don't say POOP around Instructor Dude; he gets excited and starts acting retarded.

Eagle757shark

Total Time
That'll show em! Go get em boys!

United did the same thing. I remember a buddy of mine was telling me all about it. He is now on the street along with 1000 eventual furloughees.

Not NPA...not ALPA. NO ONE! I repeat NO ONE Is going to stick up for you guys. Keep your noses clean, don't violate a FAR and the paycheck will keep coming.

Get the picture? Management could CARE LESS whether you wear your hat or not.

Sorry to be so blunt. It's all about control and the almighty dollar. Whether or not you wear your hat is irrelevant.

Where is Frank Lorezo to back me up on this? :)
READ the post again!!!! The UNION is doing this to UNITE the pilot group. The average joe will not even notice because most airline pilots don't even wear hats anymore!

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Talk about a waste of time.

The Victors

Total Time
9:30
Haven't you guys been without a TA for like 5 years?? Is this the best you can come up with??

j41driver

Total Time
...except maybe as some sort of pilot unity show.
That is precisely what it is. From the NPA's email, emphasis mine:

"If you see a fellow NPA member wearing his or her hat, politely remind them of this unity event, and explain the importance of union solidarity."