Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do AirTran Pilots have the BALLS to take off there Hats?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taking your hat off makes you look unprofessional. Is this really what you want??? Take pride in your company!!

Last edited:
That'll show em! Go get em boys!

United did the same thing. I remember a buddy of mine was telling me all about it. He is now on the street along with 1000 eventual furloughees.

Not NPA...not ALPA. NO ONE! I repeat NO ONE Is going to stick up for you guys. Keep your noses clean, don't violate a FAR and the paycheck will keep coming.

Get the picture? Management could CARE LESS whether you wear your hat or not.

Sorry to be so blunt. It's all about control and the almighty dollar. Whether or not you wear your hat is irrelevant.

Where is Frank Lorezo to back me up on this? :)

No, you missed the whole point. The point is that AirTran management should be worried more about ways to make a profit and increase revenues than issues like some crewmemeber's attire going to and from work. Idiots.
Nah, I got the point, I just don't see how this specific tactic is going to help, except maybe as some sort of pilot unity show.

We have hats???
hey.. at least it isnt Pants Off to Our Pilots !! or P.O.O.P if you prefer acronyms.. :D

Don't say POOP around Instructor Dude; he gets excited and starts acting retarded.

That'll show em! Go get em boys!

United did the same thing. I remember a buddy of mine was telling me all about it. He is now on the street along with 1000 eventual furloughees.

Not NPA...not ALPA. NO ONE! I repeat NO ONE Is going to stick up for you guys. Keep your noses clean, don't violate a FAR and the paycheck will keep coming.

Get the picture? Management could CARE LESS whether you wear your hat or not.

Sorry to be so blunt. It's all about control and the almighty dollar. Whether or not you wear your hat is irrelevant.

Where is Frank Lorezo to back me up on this? :)
READ the post again!!!! The UNION is doing this to UNITE the pilot group. The average joe will not even notice because most airline pilots don't even wear hats anymore!

Talk about a waste of time.

...except maybe as some sort of pilot unity show.

That is precisely what it is. From the NPA's email, emphasis mine:

"If you see a fellow NPA member wearing his or her hat, politely remind them of this unity event, and explain the importance of union solidarity."

Latest resources

Back