Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do AirTran Pilots have the BALLS to take off there Hats?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Management is not going to be impressed, they're just going to yawn and assume it's business as usual.

Not this management group. Wait and see.

I'm predicting the reaction will either be disproportionate, juvenile, and ill-advised; or met with forced silence.

Either way, it will result in even more pilot unity.

Last edited:
Not this management group. Wait and see. They can't help themselves . . . I'm predicting the reaction will be disproportionate and will result in even more pilot unity.

Are you referring to more pilots recieving time off?

Here's the real question: Is the suspended guy coming back with full back pay, and anything he may have lost during the suspension? If yes, then NPA is doing its job, and this show of unity is worth it. If not, then they're just disguising their impotence. Then this is just a diversion from the one issue that really matters.

Here's the real question: Is the suspended guy coming back with full back pay, and anything he may have lost during the suspension? If yes, then NPA is doing its job, and this show of unity is worth it. If not, then they're just disguising their impotence. Then this is just a diversion from the one issue that really matters.

Couldn't disagree with you more. . . . talk about faulty logic.

The NPA is doing exactly what they should do. Pay-protect the pilot, publicize the incident through press releases and notification to the pilot group, using the incident to galvanize the pilot group, and displaying unity through informational picketing and a hats off week.

All of the above, during an election to bring ALPA on the property . . . . perhaps you have some better ideas . . . can't wait to hear them, I'm sure they're really stellar. :rolleyes:

I have been receiving phone calls from all over the country (some in the industry and some not) about our press release regarding the FO that was suspended. Everyone that I have talked with is amazed and shocked that AirTran management would behave this way. People not in the airline industry that work in management positions at other companies have said to me it is important your union unite and work together. All interpreted the press release as AirTran having a hostile work environment. This is getting the attention of people all over the country. Now it is time to bring this to the attention of the shareholders.

Copy dat!!!

Don't you think you should layoff all those dead weight training instructors you have first???

That would be a good start to making Air Tran a fun place to be. No more nazi training peeps would help.

Given your publicly stated surrender on the SWAPA TA, you shouldn't be throwing stones. At least the AirTran pilots had the sack to vote down a $hitty TA in 2006... and have the hostages to show for it.

Me thinks you need to STFU. NPA/ALPA are taking a first step in the right direction while SWAPA's got a lot of 'splaining to do over the events of the past year they were complicit in (PHL deice incident, UFlyMike cockup, etc).

If you could understand english and read then you'd understand that my post wasn't a surrender. If you would like to start a new tread comparing union accomplishments then I'm ready. Believe it or not, dumba$$, I want you airtran guys to do well. We all need to do better and attempt to bring this industry back.

Latest resources

Back