• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL's TA and Regional Contracts at a Glance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree. Haven't seen a peep of growth out of post bankruptcy Mesa. Maybe if the mainline carrier supplies the planes but I just can't see PNCL financing a large amount of RJs at a competitive rate vs a large stable company like SKW.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Look at their quarterly statements regarding the DIP financing from Delta. No doubt they will be smaller than they are today, but now with big D's vested interest, I'm paying more attention to them.

Even though Delta has provided pinnacle with so much financing, would they care about the loss if they were able to shed all 140 of their 200's in exchange for 70 900's? Im not a financial guy so i dont know. I also dont know if delta has to honor pinnacles asa in chapter 11 and we dont even know what the new asa is because its confidential. There are so many variables but the one thing that is certain is that no one can compete with how cheaply gojet can operate these planes and that is probably what delta cares about. And if gojet can't staff the planes properly then they have to pay penalties to delta so delta wins either way!

Look at their quarterly statements regarding the DIP financing from Delta. No doubt they will be smaller than they are today, but now with big D's vested interest, I'm paying more attention to them.

True, it will be very interesting to watch. I think it will come down to if Delta is going to purchase the 76 seater RJs themselves. If they do, I see Compass and GoJet getting the lion's share

If the RFP requires the regional airline to finance the jets SKW has little to no competition.

Same situation at AMR. And I doubt AMR will be financing regional jets themselves when they don't have to.

True, it will be very interesting to watch. I think it will come down to if Delta is going to purchase the 76 seater RJs themselves. If they do, I see Compass and GoJet getting the lion's share

If the RFP requires the regional airline to finance the jets SKW has little to no competition.

Same situation at AMR. And I doubt AMR will be financing regional jets themselves when they don't have to.

I agree.. Plus they need to get out of ASA/SkY contracts..If they dont they will have those 200's flying tell 2020...(150 of them) How are they going to do this unless they trade up to 900's. they will want to spread the 200's that will be left, over 3-4 airlines. 30-45 each. This will keep the cost down as the "rate reset" will keep the airlines in check with each other.. The big tell tell will be who is behind the financing on the 70 new airplanes..... I don't think we will see anything for about 3 months... As Delta "strong arms" everyone with a RFP...

Also, easily forgetable, is the fact that SkyWest, Inc. has in their contract with Delta a stipulation (during the sale of ASA) to do a certain percentage of all Connection flights.

Also, easily forgetable, is the fact that SkyWest, Inc. has in their contract with Delta a stipulation (during the sale of ASA) to do a certain percentage of all Connection flights.

Yes 80% out of Atlanta, on the ASA side. And SKW has a min block hour limit... That will come into play... Comair seems to have no protection, 9E?? Not sure right now with the CH11, CHQ not sure whats in there contract. But im sure they have a penlty clause.... CHQ not operating CRJ's anymore, they just may want out of there contract..

Last edited:
Don't you guys have something better to do than come on here and speculate? Maybe go start your own airline?

That percentage specifies 80% of the fifty seat flights from ATL. If there are zero fifty seat flights from ATL then ASA could have zero CRJs. Somewhere along the way in an interview RA said DAL wanted to reduce the daily departures out of ATL to less than 800 and they planned for all of the reduction to be fifty seat AC.

That percentage specifies 80% of the fifty seat flights from ATL. If there are zero fifty seat flights from ATL then ASA could have zero CRJs. Somewhere along the way in an interview RA said DAL wanted to reduce the daily departures out of ATL to less than 800 and they planned for all of the reduction to be fifty seat AC.

Buuuzzzzzzz. Nope. Wrong.

Does not specify, in fact, it was an issue on the last 2 for 1 swap if ASA still,had the 80%.

Latest resources

Back