• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XPOO

You are now free to...
Link to the news article here.

Highlight of note: Chautauqua to replace nine SkyWest EMB-120s with up to nine E-140s by the end of the year. No more EMB in SLC?

Last edited:
Link to the news article here.

Highlight of note: Chautauqua to replace nine SkyWest EMB-120s with up to nine E-140s by the end of the year. No more EMB in SLC?

Where are you getting this?? The E120 is mentioned nowhere in the article. And DL just can't swoop in and say, "Your at-risk routes are no longer at-risk, so we're going to throw someone else on it.)

Paragraph 7:

Republic has separate contracts with Delta for both its Chautauqua and Shuttle America subsidiaries. Chautauqua's contract includes 24 50-seat Embraer 145s and expires in May 2016 at the end of 2011, according to Republic's 2011 annual report. The airline is expected to add up to nine E-140s to replace nine 30-seat Embraer 120s that are flown by SkyWest and will be removed from the fleet by the end of the year.

Where are you getting this?? The E120 is mentioned nowhere in the article. And DL just can't swoop in and say, "Your at-risk routes are no longer at-risk, so we're going to throw someone else on it.)

"The airline is expected to add up to nine E-140s to replace nine 30-seat Embraer 120s that are flown by SkyWest and will be removed from the fleet by the end of the year."

And actually, they can. That's essentially what they did with XJT'S at risk flying.

I'm more surprised that management hasn't mentioned anything about this to you guys.

Last edited:
Paragraph 7:

Ah, okay. I see it now. (Search failed me! Blast!)

Anyhow, if the E120's are going away, THEN I could see the E140s filling in on most of those markets (SUN probably being the only exception here) since the E-120 wouldn't be there; however, OO has been saying that the E-120's are going away for what, 10 years now? I'll believe it when I see it.

Alot of those routes are pro-rate/at risk with city EAS money contracts... Unless SkyWest is let out of these contracts or is able to swap with CHQ. I doubt this is true. Unless its on the United side, and the "bloger" just took it as Delta stuff...

Chautauqua's contract includes 24 50-seat Embraer 145s and expires in May 2016 at the end of 2011, according to Republic's 2011 annual report.

What does this sentence say?

Latest resources

Back