• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Where is fins?

Bye Bye--General Lee
General, I would love nothing more than to bring you a cup of coffee after completing the external inspection. One lump, or two?

In all seriousness, I'm pulling hard for Delta to pull through and have bought a few tickets on Delta recently while my airplane is kaput ( I fly normal rev for my other business ). The re-furbished MD88's are really comfortable and even have wood floors ( some Pergo sort of thing ) in the lavs. Delta's service is better and simpli-fares makes it practical to grab a last minute ticket at $400, when $1,200 would have put me behind the wheel of a car.

I have to disagree that 9Bn of debt is tied to the RJ's. Yes, they are captital leases which show up as debt, but at around eighteen million each they should gross out at 4.5Bn total. Perhaps the other debt was the acquisition cost, improvements to the operations and the strike. Do know how this works out?

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
Hey General,

Why don't you get management to sell the shuttle as well as ASA/CMR? You could raise a few more bucks there.

Also I was thinking, since GG reportedly didn't like Song you could sell that too. A ready made LCC. That should raise a lot of bucks, don't you think?

surplus1 said:
Hey General,

Why don't you get management to sell the shuttle as well as ASA/CMR? You could raise a few more bucks there.

Also I was thinking, since GG reportedly didn't like Song you could sell that too. A ready made LCC. That should raise a lot of bucks, don't you think?

Maybe DAL could sell fictional novels on board their flights. The General could do the writing.

InclusiveScope said:
Maybe DAL could sell fictional novels on board their flights. The General could do the writing.

I doubt even Gen Lee could match the fictional drivel put out by you boys from the RJDC.

I think Delta should have declared Chapter 11 a long time ago to clean the slate and rework certain non-labor contractual agreements. People need to recognize that a lot of this talk is "posturing" in order to force certain parties to the bargaining table. It's classic negotiation 101. Certainly Delta is facing some serious financial problems, but a lot of this posturing is completely planned.

And by the way, don't think that Continental is out of the woods either - their situation is not much better than Delta's current situation...

On Your Six said:
I think Delta should have declared Chapter 11 a long time ago to clean the slate and rework certain non-labor contractual agreements. People need to recognize that a lot of this talk is "posturing" in order to force certain parties to the bargaining table. It's classic negotiation 101. Certainly Delta is facing some serious financial problems, but a lot of this posturing is completely planned.

And by the way, don't think that Continental is out of the woods either - their situation is not much better than Delta's current situation...
All the majors have 2 years tops to reorganize in or out of BK..

On Your Six said:

DAL has double CAL's debt and lost 5.2 billion last year. CAL lost 206 million.

I don't think CAL is "out of the woods", but I think you're exaggerating here.

When your in dire straits you're not in a position to control negotiation, isn't that obvious. Getting a billion eh! How many buyers of your regionals are there?????? One potential buyer and the sellers close to bankrupcy.....I smell a fire sale.

michael707767 said:
I doubt even Gen Lee could match the fictional drivel put out by you boys from the RJDC.

To quote the General: "Ohhhh, snap!" :D

Seems to me you Delta boys took Value Jet way to lightly. To let a scumb carrier like that kick your a** in your own backyard (ATL) is a shame. Delta will pull through this and will crush Air Trash, I mean Air Trans in the end. A chapter 11 filing isn't all that bad. Look at UAL and US Airways. From what my sources tell me, Value Jet is struggling much more than they are letting be known. Good Luck Delta. The rest of us are pulling for you.

Latest resources

Back