• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA Seniority List Integration Arbitration starts TODAY...article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not so simple. Delta’s previous mergers were not date of hire. As a result the pilots from previous carriers are not in date of hire order. If the arbitrators award date of hire how would these pilots be treated? Would they be re-ordered based on date of hire? That would move them ahead of current Delta pilots who they are now junior to.

That's why they need to sort this sh*** out NOW. Put in black and white. It is that simple, but like always people have to make it hard. Put it in black in white, everyone will be date of hire, not one will get fu***d in this deal. See? SIMPLE.

I am not saying it will be one way or the other but this has to do with this merger not previous mergers.

We can not ignore previous mergers at either airline. NWA own statement says

“The Northwest pilots who are entitled to perform this super-premium widebody
flying deserve to be placed among the most senior spots on the combined list.”

Note that it doesn’t say the most senior pilots on NWA list deserve to be on top of the combine list. Clearly red book green book will be a factor in this merger.

Not so simple. Delta’s previous mergers were not date of hire. As a result the pilots from previous carriers are not in date of hire order. If the arbitrators award date of hire how would these pilots be treated? Would they be re-ordered based on date of hire? That would move them ahead of current Delta pilots who they are now junior to.

OMG, do you actually fly airplanes?

That's why they need to sort this sh*** out NOW. Put in black and white. It is that simple, but like always people have to make it hard. Put it in black in white, everyone will be date of hire, not one will get fu***d in this deal. See? SIMPLE.

No I don’t see. Rearranging the current Delta list would undo previous binding arbitration awards. I am not sure the arbitrators have the authority to do this. Nor do I think they want to open that can of worms. Two things I know for sure, it is not simple and I will have absolutely no control over it.

No I don’t see. Rearranging the current Delta list would undo previous binding arbitration awards. I am not sure the arbitrators have the authority to do this. Nor do I think they want to open that can of worms. Two things I know for sure, it is not simple and I will have absolutely no control over it.

Agreed. Republic was made up of 3 smaller airlines (NC, SOU and HAW), one of which was also made of 3 smaller airlines (AW, BONZ, PAC = HAW).

The NWA/REP merger was straight DOH, with conditions and restrictions, which ignored previous merger methods.

Nu

Agreed. Republic was made up of 3 smaller airlines (NC, SOU and HAW), one of which was also made of 3 smaller airlines (AW, BONZ, PAC = HAW).

The NWA/REP merger was straight DOH, with conditions and restrictions, which ignored previous merger methods.

Nu

Might wanna capitalize, bold, and italicize the "conditions and restrictions" from that one. :)

Might wanna capitalize, bold, and italicize the "conditions and restrictions" from that one. :)

I personally know an ex republic pilot who is chomping at the bit to finally bid something large, and he thinks this merger will allow it, when his redbook "friends" would not. That is another thing dumped on the Delta pilots, repressed seniority waiting to explode onto their new planes.

The fences dropped in 2006...ex republic guys should have been able to bid to whatever they wanted since then.

And it can be argued that the only reason a certain airline was able to set the "dot" was another pilot group went on strike in 98 for two weeks to turn around a cycle of all airlines giving back. Said pilot group had to overcome anothers lack of resolve in 96(the economy had long turned around at this point). Leaving out these little pesky details is like the swa pilots acting like they have the highest pay now due to anything other than default.

[Oh, BTW, the C2K springboard came off of United, whos springboard came off of our 777/764 agreement--they called it the Delta dot--just to bring you up to the facts pertaining c2k[/quote]

Latest resources

Back