• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dispatching...where to go from here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
awww, come on, my dog is a good one, at least she isn't a RAMS or a LAKERS fan, bugleboy.

I think your dog's a lesbian right? Not that there's anything wrong with that...I heard that she's a Journey fan though. I got your bugle right here pal.

everyone, everyone! This is all about me getting to make more money, so let's stay focussed and not talk about lesbian dogs. ;-)

If you want stable and you want to make decent money cargo is the way to go. There are a million people out there trying to get on with the big pax carriers, let me tell you, they are not they are all cracked up to be. The glory days of you making gobs of money and being able to stay at the same legacy carrier for 30 yrs are over. Look at Delta, they might even be around in a year. I am still not convinced United will make it.... UPS, FEDEX, DHL will always be there, people will always need to send packages, especially with the popularity of internet shopping these days....

Well, as long as your wife can also teach in languages other than English, such as Spanish, there should always be a job for her in Florida, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or California.

If you want nice warm weather, no state taxes, a huge, booming, clean-air city, great wages for teachers, a dispatcher job making considerably less than you most likely already are, and look forward to driving on 8-lane freeways to work everyday, try looking into Allegiant in Las Vegas.

I'm done dispensing knowledge, this thread is now dead to me.

...allegient

Yes, I thought about Allegient...I have read about the pay though.....$32,000 to live in Vegas? I don't even think that is feasible, is it?

Well, consider that $32K to be more like $36k in any state that actually has a state income tax. If that helps.

All this discussion supposes that bgaviator, as a new dispatcher with no 121 experience, is going to be able to be picky about where he goes.

Seriously, my first dispatch job, a small 121 carrier, started around $9/hr in 2000 in a very expensive city. Somehow, I managed to live in comfort. (The fact that you have a wife who will make a steady income makes cost of living a nonfactor if you're entry level imho - it did for me). You make it work for a couple of years, then if it's time to get the he11 out, you've got a couple of years experience and you can start to cross off your list all the cities in America you "can't" live in.

Assuming there's somewhere you "can," make that your target for 2-3 years down the line.

Latest resources

Back