Dispatching...where to go from here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.........goals

My goal in short is to work for a major airline and be "stable." Whatever that is, right?
I'm tired of moving from place to place, and I'd really like to be making enough money to "settle down" somewhere so my wife and I can start our family.

Have you thought about a 121 CARGO carrier. The pay at these airlines is usually slightly better than regionals and you can get heavyjet experience...

You might want to look at places like ATI, Kallita, Centurion,Polar, World, Gemini,Evergreen etc..... Some of these carriers might overlook no 121 exp. if you WOW them in the interview, and some will take anybody with a pulse. I won't lie to you, they are not places you want to stay long term, but a good stepping stone.

A cargo job could lead to UPS or FEDEX. Personally I would rather work cargo it is more stable.

They are also a good way to get International experience, wich always looks good on a resume....

.....cargo

Yes, I have thought about it.
Usually though these cargo companies are located in either places I really have no desire to live, or the cost of living is extremely high for what they pay is. I think Gemini is in Dulles, and I can't afford to live there.

There are alot of small cargo carriers in MIA. I believe ATI is in MCI. And Evergreen is in Oregon, a small town, Kallita is in Yipsilanti MI.... Polar and Atlas are New York and you are right Gemini is in Dulles, but I believe World is in a suburb of ATL. You don't have to live 5 minutes from work, I have commuted at least an hour for most of my 13 yr career in the airlines....

Just took a quick look!

Evergreen, in Mcminnville Oregon.
World Airways
Kallita Air
Miami Air
Ryan Air in RFD IL

These places are all hiring crew sked... Kallita is hiring a flight follower. It is a way in, if you can hack it you can probably get into DX.. Or just keep an eye out, all these companies periodically hire dispatchers...

well I'd ultimately like to live in places where my wife will be able to find teaching work fairly easily.....so Texas, and Florida would be perfect for us since their populations are exploding and they are in desperate need of teachers. I tried applying for Airtan and was sent an email saying after consideration that I was not going to be selected as a candidate...probably because of my low experience. I have put in for ExpressJet and American Eagle, but no word from them yet.

well I'd ultimately like to live in places where my wife will be able to find teaching work fairly easily.....so Texas, and Florida would be perfect for us since their populations are exploding and they are in desperate need of teachers. I tried applying for Airtan and was sent an email saying after consideration that I was not going to be selected as a candidate...probably because of my low experience. I have put in for ExpressJet and American Eagle, but no word from them yet.

Thats the ticket!!! Make the old lady bring in the money....Nothing beats being a stay at home dad...except maybe a stay at home dad without any kids!!!!

Latest resources

Back