• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Discussion with the V.P @ Skywest. ASA lookout

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't be blaming the Skywest pilots. So hundreds of thousands of pilots of the all mighty ALPA is ineffective against a group of 2800 Skywest pilots. Give me a break! Before you blame others, you should look inward. And you wonder why pilots are questioning ALPA and their MECs leadership.

Pal, Your house is made of cards. It will come tumbling down.

There are lots of problems in your SAPA that either mirror or are worse than anything going on in ALPA.

How is the greviance with the red arrow days going? Seems like the company is getting what they want with that one! Got to go to flightinfo for info like that.

IMHO, there is no basis for a grievance on red arrow days.

What is a red arrow day? It's no different than the light that comes on when you are low on gas in your car. It is simply an indication that reserves are near or at the minimum for that day and that as a result, "a swap MAY not be approved due to minimum coverage." It's that simple.

What part of the contract does it violate? The Company has clearly stated that they will not staff this airline to accommodate swaps. Why should they? They have an airline to run.

Pal, Your house is made of cards. It will come tumbling down.

There are lots of problems in your SAPA that either mirror or are worse than anything going on in ALPA.

Your post smells of desperation. Think before you write next time.

If you don't see ASA in a slow death..... I'll hate to say I told you so in five years or however long it takes for ASA to eventually go away.

When did ASA Mgmt. say this? I know there was a rumor last year that ASA would flow through the SLC system, but nothing concrete.

Trojan

Last edited:
Ok.. AS i stated, ASA is in a slow spiral... some agree an some dont...

what is the disadvantage in forcing a pilot list merger with skywest?

If you don't see ASA in a slow death..... I'll hate to say I told you so in five years or however long it takes for ASA to eventually go away.

Tell you what, why wait 5 years? Let's just look at it 6 mo. to 12 mo from now? Hopefully you've quit or gone by the wayside by then. Doom and gloomers have said this for years and years and we're still around.

Tell you what, why wait 5 years? Let's just look at it 6 mo. to 12 mo from now? Hopefully you've quit or gone by the wayside by then. Doom and gloomers have said this for years and years and we're still around.

seriously? the only reason we hung on with only modest shrinkage ( ATR's are gone, and loss of 50's) is because we were sold to skywest. How can you says others were wrong- google a place called comair? Can you not look at the current situation. Delta management ( insert NWA) is not near as user friendly towards RJ's as the former. Whether you believe it is industry wide ( which i do) as well as management( which i do too), the truth is 50's are slip sliding away in their shelf-life. We are an overwhelming 50 seat fleet. To sit back and think that is not a cuase for concern is naive at best, and ostrich like ignorance at worst. it has already been shown that skywest will get 80% of any 70's/90's. Jerry has said the 50's are a loser and the 70/90 are profitable... thats not what i say.. those are just the facts. Do you propose we just hope Jerry throws us another 2 for 1 deal so we can get more 90's and more furloughs? or would it make more sense to force a merger of lists?

look we are both at the same place.. and essentially on the same team and probably both want what is best for us at ASA. my opinion is that sitting idle will not close ASA, but we will be much much smaller place 3,5,7 years from now.

Last edited:
seriously? the only reason we hung on with only modest shrinkage ( ATR's are gone, and loss of 50's) is because we were sold to skywest. How can you says others were wrong- google a place called comair? Can you not look at the current situation. Delta management ( insert NWA) is not near as user friendly towards RJ's as the former. Whether you believe it is industry wide ( which i do) as well as management( which i do too), the truth is 50's are slip sliding away in their shelf-life. We are an overwhelming 50 seat fleet. To sit back and think that is not a cuase for concern is naive at best, and ostrich like ignorance at worst. it has already been shown that skywest will get 80% of any 70's/90's. Jerry has said the 50's are a loser and the 70/90 are profitable... thats not what i say.. those are just the facts. Do you propose we just hope Jerry throws us another 2 for 1 deal so we can get more 90's and more furloughs? or would it make more sense to force a merger of lists?

look we are both at the same place.. and essentially on the same team and probably both want what is best for us at ASA. my opinion is that sitting idle will not close ASA, but we will be much much smaller place 3,5,7 years from now.

You must be a newhire. Good for you. Comair is still around. In your opinion? Your opinion is chicken little. Just about on par with Joe Merchant and anti alpa. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. If you're so sure about it, then quit...Save yourself.

Pinnacle is virtually all 50 seaters, XJT is all 50 seaters. Mesaba is all Saab's and 90's. ASA has 49 70 + 90's. Mesa, need I comment? SkyWest has 2 Partners, which is what we need. All Regional airlines have an abundance of 50 seaters or some type of turboprop. That's not exclusive to ASA.

Naive? Maybe. I've been in this industry for 14 years. I've seen a few of the cyclical changes and in every single one of those cycles there's you multiplied by 1000 about the sky is falling. You haven't been right in my experience. So I'll continue being "blindly optomistic." This business doesn't operate how you think it should. Because certain things aren't happening "right now" as you think they should, does not constitute the sky is falling. And thankfully, you or I don't dictate what Inc.'s next moves are. So good luck. You must not sleep at all with your outlook.

One List, I have always wanted since the day we were bought. It's not up to me. But I support it 100%.

Trojan

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back