• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dhl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with some of the greed part, but this whole mess can be traced back to the Clinton Admn. Oh yes, the media won't tell you about the law he signed forcing companies like the ones going under to offer a certain % of loans to those who should have never been offered one. Are we ever going to learn that the Government should stay as far away from the private sector as they can. They seem to always ******************** things up sooner or later.

I don't know the history of the Clinton admin. law you speak of. But the core of your post is spot on. Had they not given these high risk loans and "creative" mortgages the banking industry would not be so messed up. The insult to this is the execs. have been taking their HUGE bonuses.

But part of the blame can be laid upon the people taking these things out. If you are making 30k a year ou CAN'T afford a 300k home. Come on people, get a brain. :confused:

Last edited:
I saw that Ohio Gov. Strickland didn't even bother to go to the UPS/DHL hearing in Washington today.

Rumors yesterday that DHL will soon pull out of USA completely.

I think the Gov. decided it's a lost cause.

I saw that Ohio Gov. Strickland didn't even bother to go to the UPS/DHL hearing in Washington today.

You do not live around here, obviously. Did you happen to see the wind storm the area just had? He is touring the damage.

You do not live around here, obviously. Did you happen to see the wind storm the area just had? He is touring the damage.

My mother-in-law lives in Columbus. She said it isn't as bad as the news is making it out to be.

My point is that the UPS/DHL hearings in Washington are not even your Gov's top priority today.

My mother-in-law lives in Columbus. She said it isn't as bad as the news is making it out to be.

My point is that the UPS/DHL hearings in Washington are not even your Gov's top priority today.

Well then she needs to come down to SW Ohio where it IS bad. Duke energy has 800,000 customers and I think around 700,000 were without power. Many will not have it restored until this weekend, if lucky. I think there are about 5 homes destroyed in a 1 mile radius of my house. But I do live in a heavily wooded area. Cincinnati had their best working when they avoided a Chicago disaster. One building caught on fire and the wind blew the embers to catch fire to 5 other buildings roof tops. And these buildings are a city block long.

Last edited:

On Sunday Ohio had the equivalence of a category 1 hurricane (without the storm surge) rip through the state. Even though there are lots of people in Wilmington effected by DHL, more than half the state not having power is probably a more pressing issue right now.

Well then why doesn't he attend the hearing in Washington today and tour the wind damaged areas tomorrow - if the cleanup is going to take as long as you say?

Well then why doesn't he attend the hearing in Washington today and tour the wind damaged areas tomorrow - if the cleanup is going to take as long as you say?

The Lt. Governor is there. The message is being delivered. Don't fret.

Here ya go Bob, you can watch live: http://transportation.house.gov/

I really don't think you understand the scale of this storm. 84 of the 88 counties in Ohio sustained major damage, and the Ohio has declared a state of emergency. Come on down to Dayton and help me get the tree off my brothers car, then we'll talk.

There's a neat invention out there called an airplane. I bet he could have toured the damage all morning, jumped in this thing called an airplane and zipped on down to DC in time for the hearing this afternoon. Then he could have zipped on home to Ohio to tour some more damaged areas tomorrow.

The flight is about an hour. I've done it. I guess the hearing isn't much of a priority though. Oh well.

Latest resources

Back