• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dhl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shooter,,, when are you going to get that they are pulling out of the US market, not trying to continue using UPS and keeping market share. It really does not matter if they stop the deal or not. They are out ofhere.

That is not what the CEO of DHL says. He says this is part of a restructuring of DHL USA and they will not, can not, pull out of the US market. That is something I actually agree with them on. I don't think they can pull out of the USA because it supports their international product by a huge margin.

So, in the intermediate I will support the fight to keep the 10,000 jobs in ILN mine being one of them. I don't know if we will be successful but we are giving it the best shot we can. I understand that UPS gains much out of this deal, but by countering the fight to save jobs in an already horrible economy and job market (no matter the gains anyone would get from the loss) just makes the one arguing look like a ******************************. No one disagrees the UPS gains, it is the loss that has people fighting.

Where did you hear they lost the IBM account?

Many at the HUB in ILN have been talking about it for over a week now. I do not think it is a rumor, which I have a HUGE collection of.

Hvydriver, check your PM.

If it's rumors you want, how about this? I just heard that DHL has anounced that it will be laying off all their sales staff in the U.S. No confirmation yet, but since we're just talking "rumors..."

If it's rumors you want, how about this? I just heard that DHL has anounced that it will be laying off all their sales staff in the U.S. No confirmation yet, but since we're just talking "rumors..."

Who is talking rumors? I just said have I huge stockpile of them. I do not think the IBM piece is a rumor because the people I heard talking about it. They are people I trust and highly respect as well as in a position they would know which customers come and go. So unless you want to start talking "rumors", I am sure there are plenty to go around, if you wish.

Who is talking rumors? I just said have I huge stockpile of them. I do not think the IBM piece is a rumor because the people I heard talking about it. They are people I trust and highly respect as well as in a position they would know which customers come and go. So unless you want to start talking "rumors", I am sure there are plenty to go around, if you wish.
As I said, it was unsubstantiated, meaning, it didn't come from a source that had direct knowledge of the situation. Personally, I think it would be in DHL's best interest not to furlough their sales staff, at least until after this thing goes through.

Rotor & Wing - Give it a break, dude. I'm getting tired of getting PM's from people asking "Who is this "Rotor & Wing" clown, and what IS his problem?"

Your 2 years ought to be up by now. Why don't you go back to insulting, arguing with, and being a general PITA to your fellow crewmembers?

As I said, it was unsubstantiated, meaning, it didn't come from a source that had direct knowledge of the situation. Personally, I think it would be in DHL's best interest not to furlough their sales staff, at least until after this thing goes through.

Rotor & Wing - Give it a break, dude. I'm getting tired of getting PM's from people asking "Who is this "Rotor & Wing" clown, and what IS his problem?"

Your 2 years ought to be up by now. Why don't you go back to insulting, arguing with, and being a general PITA to your fellow crewmembers?

No worries. If you mean me, you are correct that I do not have direct knowledge of the account being lost. I guess that would just make it a rumor, technically. But unlike other "rumors" that are floating around like trying to find those elusive barrels of purple paint that seem to magically pop into and out of vision for only a select few, this one came from people that would have direct knowledge.

Last edited:
Rotor & Wing - Give it a break, dude. I'm getting tired .....

Face it Jim, you are Astar's version of "Rhoid", a disgruntled fired ex-employee. You like getting on these boards pretending you still work for Astar and that you know everything going on within the company. Every time you post outright lies you are going to get called on it. Smearing the Astar pilots will never justify your firing for incompetence.

The FAA did everyone a big favor after your line check, dude.

Latest resources

Back