• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DFW Metar 0841Z on 10April2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No thanks to the RJ's man. Gimme SWA anyday!!
The same kind of things has happened at all different types of carriers and at all levels of experience.

If you prefer SWA, that's fine...but don't go throwing all the RJ guys into the same pool just because one crew decided to be stupid. Just because you're in a 737 and not a CRJ means squat...it comes down to the professionalism of the 2 folks up front. I've seen incredible professionalism from regional guys as many times as I've seen extreme lack of professionalism from crews at the majors...and vice versa.

We all know this to be true...

Last edited:
I've almost alway go around (up wind) at altitude. However a week ago just east of ORD over lake mich UPS reported tops at 340 to 350 and we were at 370 so I decided to go over top. The ride wasn't bad and the airspeed fluctuated 10 to 15 kts mostly plus but that was enough to show me better judgement would have been to take the 30mile north deviation.

Haven't we all looked back on a flight and said to ourselves, "I'll never do that again?"

I like GuppyWNs comment about experience being an accumulation of things that don't kill you.

Haven't we all looked back on a flight and said to ourselves, "I'll never do that again?"

I like GuppyWNs comment about experience being an accumulation of things that don't kill you.

What the saying? That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger.

I've actually topped level 5's before and while it is always bumpy, we get the passengers to their destination on time and we end up saving a lot gas.

Safety should always come before on time and fuel savings. You skipped right over that one. You are still in bullet-proof mode. I hope you get out of it before you hurt some one.

You should learn from the Captain that made you deviate.

Latest resources

Back