• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DFW Metar 0841Z on 10April2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
did anyone see the radar when that stuff was west of midland last night. Solid wall of red a few houndred miles NE/SW and about 30 miles thick.

It was bad looking but you could have gone over the top of it. I've been over worse. Capt made me deviate.

Last edited:
It was bad looking but you could have gone over the top of it. I've been over worse. Capt made me deviate.

That's because he know's what your SE drift down altitude is and he also's know's that GE farms out the CF34 engine blades to some company down in Mexico paying 5 pesos and hour. Seems there may have been some QA problems, imagine that. Wouldn't give me the warm fuzzys either if I was topping some nasty super cells.

You're probably the type that then follows his overflight with a pirep of Severe Turbulence at FL380.

Do you even know how high you should be when you top a 40000' cell?

Dude. The captain "made you deviate" because he's not an idiot. No way in hell you could have "gone over the top of it" in your RJ. That is unless you cosider being in a thunderstorm or upper outflow at 410 a good choice.

Gup

No, he was in the Super ATR....

It will top fog. I've done it.

Latest resources

Back