Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear70

JAFFO
http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...et-gelandet.html&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

You know, there was something about that whole sequence that just didn't make sense. Now it does.

How much you want to bet she was ab-initio with less than 1,000 hours of flight time?

I've been saying for a while that one of these days some punk kid was going to punch one in and kill a bunch of people, with inexperience being the #1 factor (behind the p*ss-poor judgment of the CA letting the F/O fly such a critical approach).

Just glad it didn't happen. Maybe someone will pay attention now to experience in the flight deck.

naaahhhh... their ticket was only $79 bucks round-trip. :rolleyes:

Nothing like flying with an assertive, smart, over-confident woman with little experience, until she attempts first crosswind landing or go-around.

What adventure! And the rationalizations come spewing out...read something years ago that noted a study by the Air safety foundation.. said men have slight tendency to make judgement errors, women have problems with aircraft handling. I believe it...

I love flying....

ab initio and experience is an even-keeled argument. Though i still think nothing replaces talent and good training in this gig. (There are plenty of 10,000 hour wonders who have been struggling through training events ever since they struggled through flight school- they aren't automatically better...)

Chick F/O??...That's the reason organizations like women in aviation and OBAP need to exist. When a white male sucks at his job- and there are plenty- they just suck. When a girl or minority is awful- it's BECAUSE they are a girl. Or it's BECAUSE they are black. Get rid of that unfairness and we can start talking about getting rid of the 'unfairness' of preferential hiring.

Maybe i just got lucky and had a black female be one of my first captains - who is still one of the best i've flown with.

Chick F/O??...That's the reason organizations like women in aviation and OBAP need to exist. When a white male sucks at his job- and there are plenty- they just suck. When a girl or minority is awful- it's BECAUSE they are a girl. Or it's BECAUSE they are black. Get rid of that unfairness and we can start talking about getting rid of the 'unfairness' of preferential hiring.
Nah, it's because females and minorities are more likely to be hired with little experience. Once they gain the needed experience then they are fine, but in the mean time they do stuff like this.

My gosh! I knew there had to be a good reason. Now we know. She needs to be worried about her cooking skills not her flying skills...

The "Chick F/O" commend didn't have anything to do with gender bias per se, simply that I can't imagine the same thing happening with two guys in the cockpit. Re-read my post, the "chick f/o" is only in the title; the point of my post is having low-time people in airliners is a really stupid idea and leads to events such as these.

I've been around long enough to see some VERY attractive female F/O's come through with VERY low time (PCL had several of these, one of which is at DAL now and was a formal model).

I watched many times as CA's would fall all over themselves for these girls, giving them all the flying legs, not getting onto them for being off on their procedures, etc.

Not saying that's the case here but, as a guy who doesn't give a rat's if you're a guy, girl, hermaphrodite, white, black, red, purple, or plaid, in that kind of weather, the CA had an obligation to make the landing in the interest of safety and didn't.

Personally, I can't think of another reason he didn't. At 24, she can't have had a reasonable amount of flight experience to be allowed to take on that kind of landing. IMHO, it's not her fault she pooch-screwed it; she probably didn't understand she was biting off more than she could chew for her experience level.

Three words.... MULTI CREW LICENSE!!!

just wait until the FO has 200TT and most of that in a sim!!!!

http://www.google.com/translate?u=h...et-gelandet.html&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

You know, there was something about that whole sequence that just didn't make sense. Now it does.

How much you want to bet she was ab-initio with less than 1,000 hours of flight time?

I've been saying for a while that one of these days some punk kid was going to punch one in and kill a bunch of people, with inexperience being the #1 factor (behind the p*ss-poor judgment of the CA letting the F/O fly such a critical approach).

Just glad it didn't happen. Maybe someone will pay attention now to experience in the flight deck.

naaahhhh... their ticket was only $79 bucks round-trip. :rolleyes:

First of all, the captain obviously exercised far worse airmanship than the FO since he was the one that let her fly the approach. So much for blaming the "inexperienced FO."

Second, you gotta love automatic German to English translation.

I watched many times as CA's would fall all over themselves for these girls, giving them all the flying legs, not getting onto them for being off on their procedures, etc.

So we need more really nasty female instructors to weed out the ones the guys want to flirt (disaster?)with. That was simple.

Sec. 91.3 - Responsibility and authority of the pilot in command.
(a) The pilot in command of an aircraft is directly responsible for, and is the final authority as to, the operation of that aircraft.

Anyone have a metar for that day? If it was as bad as they say on the news, then why didn't they insist on the other runway first?

Latest resources

Back