• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's ANC base done in DEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quite true, but it depends on those contracts. Either way, my point to the General was that if there is any ANC base left at SOC they will solve it with the joint AE. There is going to be a few of those and a lot of people are going to be thrown about. It just cannot be helped.

The flip side to the train twice argument is most will probably preference SEA

Most that I have spoken to are thinking 744 DTW. Most don't want to switch from a Boeing to an AB at this point in their career. They also know that the 330 is not going to be in Seattle for much longer.

Most that I have spoken to are thinking 744 DTW. Most don't want to switch from a Boeing to an AB at this point in their career. They also know that the 330 is not going to be in Seattle for much longer.

They can fly the Boeing 767-300ER in SEA!

Quite true, but it depends on those contracts. Either way, my point to the General was that if there is any ANC base left at SOC they will solve it with the joint AE. There is going to be a few of those and a lot of people are going to be thrown about. It just cannot be helped.

The 742 will not be included on the SOC FAA paperwork. None of them. I would assume that means all of them will be gone PRIOR. If they park a fleet prior to SOC, then those guys are affected. Sure, there could be an AE for A330 SLC, or A320/19 SLC, and those guys will be the only ones to bid those, but that will be done in AUG. I understand the part about eventual displacements due to a/c movements for Mar 2010. But, the 742 displacements will happen earlier, and they can't hold that particular one back since the whole fleet WILL be gone prior to SOC. All of those ANC guys (and MSP 742 drivers too if the whole 742 fleet will be gone) could try to bid any CURRENT FNWA planes that are moved to NEW BASES. (like SLC A320) But until the SOC is complete, no FNWA pilot can bid for a SEA 76ER base, etc or any FDAL planes until that process (SOC) is complete. After SOC, all is fair except fenced planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

They can fly the Boeing 767-300ER in SEA!

AFTER SOC. And, we also have PLENTY of FDAL guys who also want SEA. That will be a senior base no doubt.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ACL - who cares? What's coming to Atlanta?

All I hear is stories about stuff leaving Atlanta. Hopefully that does not include me, because my wife says she's not going and I'm too ugly and poor to replace her.

The 742 will not be included on the SOC FAA paperwork. None of them. I would assume that means all of them will be gone PRIOR. If they park a fleet prior to SOC, then those guys are affected. Sure, there could be an AE for A330 SLC, or A320/19 SLC, and those guys will be the only ones to bid those, but that will be done in AUG. I understand the part about eventual displacements due to a/c movements for Mar 2010. But, the 742 displacements will happen earlier, and they can't hold that particular one back since the whole fleet WILL be gone prior to SOC. All of those ANC guys (and MSP 742 drivers too if the whole 742 fleet will be gone) could try to bid any CURRENT FNWA planes that are moved to NEW BASES. (like SLC A320) But until the SOC is complete, no FNWA pilot can bid for a SEA 76ER base, etc or any FDAL planes until that process (SOC) is complete. After SOC, all is fair except fenced planes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It has been stated by more than one source that the 742 flying will cease at SOC or DEC 31, 2009. Which ever of these comes first. To date those dates are the same. If they do pair down the base prior to that, good for us, if not we all will feel the brunt of the displacements.
From what I gather their last APA is slated for Aug. Our is about that time. Anything left after that will be on a joint AE. From the talk of the town, there will be one very shortly after we are granted a single certificate.

Heyas,

Heard two different stories:

1) The last APA award will be in August, which would be for December flying.

2) The last APA award will be for August flying, which makes the last APA award in April.

Last I heard, it was #2.

Nu

From what I gather their last APA is slated for Aug. Our is about that time. Anything left after that will be on a joint AE. From the talk of the town, there will be one very shortly after we are granted a single certificate.

I guess that means that new base/acft combination's will be known at that time?

Latest resources

Back