Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

Heard two different stories:

1) The last APA award will be in August, which would be for December flying.

2) The last APA award will be for August flying, which makes the last APA award in April.

Last I heard, it was #2.

Nu

Nu, The second to last TWG (09-01) notepad that addresses BP5 specifically states:

The December 2009 APA (awarded in August 2009) is scheduled to be the final APA for all Delta North pilots prior to transition to the Advance Entitlement (AE) system. The company is using the projected staffing requirements for January 2010 as the basis for this last APA and this staffing change will include all increased staffing for the inclusion of duty rigs.

I understand it to be Aug for Dec flying.

As for who is coming to ATL. Lots of em. Plus Fin, as you say, just offer to buy her shoes (Boots) in MSP, she will go. ;)

I understand it to be Aug for Dec flying.

As for who is coming to ATL. Lots of em. Plus Fin, as you say, just offer to buy her shoes (Boots) in MSP, she will go. ;)

ACL, Heard any rumors what will be moving into, out of, or staying in DTW?

That's a pretty definitive statement - source?

The VP of Tech Ops. He stated the 742s with PAX contracts will continue those contracts thru 2009, but the 742s will not be included in the SOC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
It has been stated by more than one source that the 742 flying will cease at SOC or DEC 31, 2009. Which ever of these comes first. To date those dates are the same. If they do pair down the base prior to that, good for us, if not we all will feel the brunt of the displacements.
From what I gather their last APA is slated for Aug. Our is about that time. Anything left after that will be on a joint AE. From the talk of the town, there will be one very shortly after we are granted a single certificate.

I also have heard the FNWA guys will be coming over to DBMS after AUG of 09. There will probably be a displacement bid in AUG for those ANC 742 crews, and also the MSP 742 crews, since that 742 will not be included in the SOC. Now, there could be a new base for the A330 or A320 in the WEST, (like SLC), and those guys in ANC would probably be able to bid that stuff first obviously. I would think a lot of those CAPTS in ANC would bid 744 somewhere for the pay, and those 742 FOs would be Capt on something down South.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I also have heard the FNWA guys will be coming over to DBMS after AUG of 09. There will probably be a displacement bid in AUG for those ANC 742 crews, and also the MSP 742 crews, since that 742 will not be included in the SOC. Now, there could be a new base for the A330 or A320 in the WEST, (like SLC), and those guys in ANC would probably be able to bid that stuff first obviously. I would think a lot of those CAPTS in ANC would bid 744 somewhere for the pay, and those 742 FOs would be Capt on something down South.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Even if they do as you suggest, there are going to be major changes after SOC. The result will be the same.

There is no reason (that I can think of) why they couldn't hold a system wide AE prior to SOC. There can be no cross fleet flying until after SOC, but that doesn't mean they can't have a bid. If there was an AE sometime, lets say in November with conversions starting immediately after SOC, lets say January 1st, then 742 guys would be free to bid any non-fenced equipment and start training as soon a SOC is completed.

There is no reason (that I can think of) why they couldn't hold a system wide AE prior to SOC. There can be no cross fleet flying until after SOC, but that doesn't mean they can't have a bid. If there was an AE sometime, lets say in November with conversions starting immediately after SOC, lets say January 1st, then 742 guys would be free to bid any non-fenced equipment and start training as soon a SOC is completed.

That wasn't a part of the SLI deal done by the arbitrators.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Even if it was not part of the agreement, I think that the company can do it if they want to. Don't they get one AE a year that has a one year conversion(3 in the contract)

Latest resources

Back