• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta's ANC base done in DEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard the same thing last week in CQ from the A330 fleet guys....more A330s coming soon.

Have they already secretly been bought and paid for like the MD-90's we've owned for three years but haven't seen? The only new airplanes Delta is getting are CRJ-900's and E-jets.

Have they already secretly been bought and paid for like the MD-90's we've owned for three years but haven't seen? The only new airplanes Delta is getting are CRJ-900's and E-jets.

Yup, I've been a secret captain on the secret new 100 seat aircraft we've supposedly been secretly buying for the last 10 years. Very rewarding professionally. I'm still waiting for my back pay though.

Believe it when it's on the ramp with a lav truck attached.

If what I have been hearing correctly, we received financing for 10 330's recently. I am betting that these are the ones that will have the crew bunks.

Sorry to disappoint General, I know how much you would be disappointed if "just" NWA guys would be affected by the parking of aircraft. The last NWA APA (placement award) will be in August and then the next one will be after the combined SOC. (per a memo from the joint transition team) NWA is approx 200 short for summer and 250-400 short for the trip rig transition. 180 or so ANC guys will not cause any furloughs from the "NWA" side.

RA knows that this would cause HUGE animosity, thus the pain will be shared, guaranteed.

Add on the fact that the A330 fleet guys are saying we may see 10 more quickly.......

Do you really think I WANT FURLOUGHS for either side? No way. IF the 742s are going to be parked though before SOC, then according to the SLI agreement the FNWA guys have to take the brunt of it, just like if we FDAL guys had to park one of our fleets. That is just the way it goes. Maybe instead of bidding DTW as a base, some of those senior 742 Captains will just retire and stay up there in AK and fish and relax. That would be a good thing. Again, I don't want anyone to be furloughed. I actually want the Comapss guys to be stapled and add people to the list.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gen. As of right now they do not want to have either side furlough prior to SOC.

Fact is that even if THEY are overstaffed, WE will not be after SOC. Like it or not our MEC and company will let all of take the licks if need be.

Gen. As of right now they do not want to have either side furlough prior to SOC.

Fact is that even if THEY are overstaffed, WE will not be after SOC. Like it or not our MEC and company will let all of take the licks if need be.

I understand that. But if a fleet leaves prior to SOC, and there is a displacement, it will affect that particular side. That was what I was talking about. The 742 is very senior, and trickle down would be interesting. I never said anything about furloughs, I and I hope there won't be any.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
That's not an overwhelming shock to the system, particularly when much of the impact of the displacements will probably be absorbed by moving the fNWA pilots to DAL manning formulas at a measured pace.

Did some checking, and wrote this before I saw the latest TWG memo outlining BP5 phase in.

You are correct they would likely be absorbed with the trip rig implementation that has to start 3-4 months before BP5 to be up to speed on time, with the WB's being first.

I have heard discussion already that they may be behind and ask for relief on ALV's. That would be an interesting see - displacements while you have categories flying high time.

Maybe instead of bidding DTW as a base, some of those senior 742 Captains will just retire and stay up there in AK and fish and relax.

I am flying with a couple of guys who are thinking just that. It still will not add up to much, the base only has 300 total. Although we do have a few ropes that will not want to train in another AC again.

Latest resources

Back