• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing another poster of shear ignorance, time to pull you head out of the sand and catch a glimps of reality. Why do you consider my post "a typo". Please explain. I can't wait to hear how you disagree and think all airlines should fly passengers in AC with interiors from 1982. So go ahead and Mr The Eighties Were Cool, explain yourself.

As I'm sure you would never fly on a foreign carrier, you should check out their interiors on www.airliners.net. See what you are missing out on. Then after that you can stick your head back in the sand.

cmrflyer said:
Please explain. I can't wait to hear how you disagree and think all airlines should fly passengers in AC with interiors from 1982. So go ahead and Mr The Eighties Were Cool, explain yourself.

cmrflyer, you wrote: General, your AC are all out of date.

Well that's not neccessarily so. You use Singapore Airlines as a comparison. Apples to Oranges. Singapore Airlines has a whopping fleet of 88 aircraft, mostly all longhaul, with very little LCC competition and certainly no RJs in their fleet mix.

Now you can define out of date any way you want, but for me an airliner that is less than 10 years old is not out of date, and Delta has plenty of them.

8 777s average age 5.3

21 767-400s average age 4.2

59 767ERs average age 9.7

71 737-800s average age 4.5

That's 159 aircraft with a combined average age of less than 6.5 years and not one of those aircraft was built in 1982, probably the year you were born. Of course that's not even counting Delta's large fleet of 229 world class CRJ100/200s and their world class cutting edge interiors.

Have a nice day Mr Grumpy.

Last edited:
The RJ's are looking like jewels after only a few years of service. ASA has a remarkable depreciation programme for the CRJ- Don't clean it until it smells and looks like a steaming pile of dung. Then get MESA on board and see if they can't do it better for less. Delta sucks, and I'm outta this legacy family. Sorry to all Delta loyals who have to fly on RJs now. Delta USED to mean first class. But now it means- 'we can't compete so everyone will be flying on a dirty RJ'. Not my fault.

FDJ2 said:
Now you can define out of date any way you want, but for me an airliner that is less than 10 years old is not out of date, and Delta has plenty of them.

8 777s average age 5.3

21 767-400s average age 4.2

59 767ERs average age 9.7

71 737-800s average age 4.5

That's 159 aircraft with a combined average age of less than 6.5 years and not one of those aircraft was built in 1982, probably the year you were born.

DL does have a some younger planes, but you conveniently left out the other 400 planes that aren't so new. DL's average aircraft age for mainline is 14 years.....second oldest among U.S. Majors (NW takes the grand prize).

FDJ2 said:
cmrflyer, you wrote: General, your AC are all out of date.

Well that's not neccessarily so. You use Singapore Airlines as a comparison. Apples to Oranges. Singapore Airlines has a whopping fleet of 88 aircraft, mostly all longhaul, with very little LCC competition and certainly no RJs in their fleet mix.

Obviously you've never flown on AA's 777s. They have a much nicer interior and PTV setup than DL's (not to mention 3 class seating). UA has a similar product. Just because the aircraft is new does not mean the interior is up to snuff.

Delta's about the last airline to not have lie-flat seating on trans-atlantic service, and I don't see the 763ERs having it any time soon (especially since they recently removed BizE seats from them... to make way for more revenue-providing coach passengers I'm sure).

General Lee said:
As far as GG----he actually gives a dam, and is staying for little pay or renumeration. His wife actually wants him to move back to SEA (he owns Bill Gates first large house there), but he wants to make sure DL will be ok in the long run. His cronies are actually the ones that want to be here also, because the days of the "big bonuses" are OVER---and GG said that to them. The others were fired. Sure, some of the current ones got options--but they are only good if we do well-----nice carrot.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General you continue to amaze me. You put your faith in GG because he doesn't have to be here? Just because he is wealthy and owns a large house does not mean he can run an airline. I have noticed you have really stepped up your ANTI-RJ rhetoric as of late. Please answer the following, who signs off on all of the additional RJ's that continue to come on-line? I sure hope it is your "selfless leader" who you put all of your faith in for the BIG turn around. If it is not GG, then who is running the place? Just when do you see him "dumping" all of the RJ's since he continues to buy more day after day??????

I really don't expect you to actually answer the question, so go on and tell me how bad RJ's are for Delta......I will be in our spacious crew lounge eating stale bagels waiting for your reply.:rolleyes:

Look, to address your point about GG, no airline leader except Herb has ever demonstrated any "continued" competence in this industry - basically, all non-SWA employees are in jeopardy... Cross those fingers.

Last edited:
MedFlyer said:
DL does have a some younger planes, but you conveniently left out the other 400 planes that aren't so new.

I didn't conveniently leave them out, I was just pointing out that not all DAL planes are out of date. As you know DAL has also been busy buying 229 crowd pleasing, highly profitable and exquisitely appointed CRJ100/200s. Those aircraft are owned by DAL, at least their debt is, so you ought to factor their age into the mix too.

asarjfo said:
General you continue to amaze me. You put your faith in GG because he doesn't have to be here? Just because he is wealthy and owns a large house does not mean he can run an airline. I have noticed you have really stepped up your ANTI-RJ rhetoric as of late. Please answer the following, who signs off on all of the additional RJ's that continue to come on-line? I sure hope it is your "selfless leader" who you put all of your faith in for the BIG turn around. If it is not GG, then who is running the place? Just when do you see him "dumping" all of the RJ's since he continues to buy more day after day??????

I really don't expect you to actually answer the question, so go on and tell me how bad RJ's are for Delta......I will be in our spacious crew lounge eating stale bagels waiting for your reply.:rolleyes:

Amazing, no response. I am so shocked!!!!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back