• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta wins approval to build LGA hub as Gov't backs Slot trade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad to see this going through. I'm guessing you realize that if Justice Dept. tries to screw LCC on the Reagan National slots, you don't get to keep the La Guardia slots. Hopefully the politicians that are in Southwest's bribe of the month club don't get in the way.

Maybe USAir wants the deal done for some other reason........??? Having too many LGA slots may contribute to that..????

Bye Bye---General Lee

another FI thread hack/pissing contest by the same sorry internet tough guys.

Are the moderators gone completely? I see why I barely ever bother sign on anymore.

Maybe USAir wants the deal done for some other reason........??? Having too many LGA slots may contribute to that..????

Bye Bye---General Lee

You could very well be right. Those kinds of things Parker doesn't talk about to the pilots. It might just require Delta to throw in a little more money if the Reagan deal hits a snag.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Question General:

If in the future there was one seniority list at US and a merger was proposed with Delta. In your opinion, would the Delta pilots oppose it?

Thanks.

another FI thread hack/pissing contest by the same sorry internet tough guys.

Are the moderators gone completely? I see why I barely ever bother sign on anymore.

I'll take little or no moderation as opposed to usaviation or airlinepilotcentral, were the moderators are not impartial. On those sites the moderators take sides, total butt rangers, in my opinion.

Delta Wins Approval to Build LaGuardia Hub as U.S. Backs Flight-Slot Trade

Q

By Mary Jane Credeur and Mary Schlangenstein - Oct 11, 2011 1:43 PM

Delta Airlines won federal regulators’ approval to build a domestic hub at New York’s LaGuardia airport by trading takeoff and landing slots with USAir.

The accord gives Delta 132 more LaGuardia slot pairs and control of about half the flights there, in exchange for swapping 42 of its pairs at Washington's Ronald Reagan National Airport with US Airways, the U.S. Department of Transportation said today in a filing. The carriers must divest 24 pairs to smaller rivals, 16 at LaGuardia and eight at National.
Delta’s advantage at LaGuardia over American Airlines, the second-biggest carrier there, will grow as it takes over most of the US Airways terminal space. Creating a domestic hub at LaGuardia will complement Atlanta-based Delta’s international hub at Kennedy airport.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This good for the peeps that live and commute out of the northeast. Gen I just hope it is not RJ's doing it.

I don't know what's worse the jump seat on the RJ or the 737:) 737: Great airplane, terrible cockpit.

P.S. 757 RULLLZZZZZZZZZ!!!

Wouldn't know about that....don't commute.......

But I can tell you which pays better.......

and which causes Mainline to shrink........

P.S. Money and time off really RULLLLZZZZZZ!!!

Wouldn't know about that....don't commute.......

But I can tell you which pays better.......

and which causes Mainline to shrink........

P.S. Money and time off really RULLLLZZZZZZ!!!

I was just making a funny, because the 737 cockpit sucks to jumpseat in. I would much rather have more 737s and less RJs. ATC would like that too. I agree the best combo would be SWA money, Delta schedule, @ a 757.

Latest resources

Back