• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DELTA vs SWA from another thread....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Supposedly (I have to say that now), that will NOT be the case. (just a rumor, a good one!) An announcement could be forthcoming soon.

And the pay rate at SWA is thanks to us. It may take awhile to get it back for the 738, but we also have 120 757s, 60+ 767s, 20 764s, and CURRENTLY 8 777s, with 787s possibly in the mix too. A lot of people could be getting raises soon, and not have to go to MAF.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh please General! When you return from your trip around the universe with Peter Pan and the Easter Bunny you'll realize that SWA's rates were negotiated as part of a contract extension. They were agreed upon rates that had nothing to do with Delta's rates or business model and everything to do with SWA's business model and ability to compensate us.

You however, can send the United pilots a thank you note for your rates...

That sounds great. I also know that a lot of your DAL trips do have 6 leg days, with AMA, MAF, LBB, HOU, CRP, HRL, flights too included. My buddy from OAK does a lot of "Califonia Shuffle" trips with 5 or more legs a day, going through LAS, over to ONT, up to SMF, over to PDX, then onto GEG. He says he sees SNA a lot, and usually a couple times each of the days he flies there. He said it can really tire him out. I am not making this up. The last day of his previous 4 day trip was LAX--PHX--SNA--SMF--SNA--OAK.

Not every trip of yours is tough probably, but you have very productive trips, which can be good and bad. To me, very productive means lots of legs or flying to the max, which means exhaustion. I prefer 1 or 2 legs a day, and somewhere tropical in the Winter, and cool in the Summer (ANC). IF you like SWA, great, but not everyone wants that type of flying, and that is what a lot of SWA pilots can't believe.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Are you saying that Delta has no multiple leg days - especially up in the Northeast?

general, general, general. Enjoyed your positive posts when I was at Detla but now find your posts childish. Dude, give it up. Delta will never be the company it once was. It will take a lifetime to get back the work rules and pay you once had. Get over it. Defined benifit plans are a thing of the past. Profit shairing and a nice 401 k are here to stay. It's all in my name. Delta pilots learned the hard way. All my friends are at Delta and I wish them luck. Dude, I was there and it sucked watching Mother D go in the ********************ter while Leo walked away with millions. As for my life at SWA. There is a reason this company continues to thrive. Can you imagine a place where employees treat each other with respect. Guess what General? The pilots aren't the enemies here. And you know what I'm talking about. The good times you talk about while flying internationally happens every day here at SWA. If you're not getting together with your crew for dinner and brews they want to know what's wrong with you. Bottom line General, I work hard for 15 days a month with 12 to 15 hr layovers to make what it takes a Delta pilot 17 to 18 days a month. Have never had a nine hr layover at SWA. What else? Did I mention $1 BEERS.

You guys love to say that, but then never put up any of your own proof.
Bull, you and I have had this discussion a dozen times now... my proof is my schedule.

I don't care what you say, you are lying if you say you don't fly a lot of legs per trip. Sure, some days may only have a couple, or maybe even ONE (wow). Most have a lot, Define "most". and those trips are meant to be productive, but that also means exhausting. (unless you are Superman) They are not exhasting for pilots who enjoy flying. You might be able to handle it now early on, but in 10 or 15 years, those 25 minute turns and multiple legs are going to get to you. To say otherwise is LYING. Interesting debating tactic - you define disagreeing with you are lying. Well that doen't make you any less wrong. These schedules just aren't that hard. The regionals have the same type of schedule usually, and most people want to get out of the regionals. And yet so many regional pilots are choosing us over Delta, I wonder why. Your AVERAGE schedule is like a high paying regional. Support? None, because it just isn't true. But, there is NO DOUBT you guys have fun people there. That is great. And the current high pay is FANTABULOUS. I hope it always stays that way, or there will be a run for the door.

GL you are full of it. Working here is just not that hard. Crossing 5 timeszones is hard, multiple legs SWA style is no big deal. I guess this ariline isn't for pilots who don't like to fly though. You are expected to fly for your pay. That doesn't bother me.
Tell me what I am lying about please. You are lying about the LBB overnights, the nightmare schedules and the overall QOL here. And remember, I have friends over there and can give you examples of recent trips if you want. One friend based in OAK on his last day of a 4 day went LAX--PHX--SNA--SMF--SNA--OAK in one day. So what? I don't like to fly those kind of days every day, but everyonece in a while a 5 leg day is kinda fun, but then again I like to fly. So I guess Delta is a good airline for pilots who hate flying . No thanks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I just drove home from what you would consider to be a tough trip. 6 legs TUS 3 legs GEG 5 legs, it was fun. Next week I'm doing all long haul with SAN and PHL overnights.

I've done international (and enjoyed it), but these days I don't much care where my hotel room away from my family is. It isn't where I really want to be anyway.

This is my 10th airplane so I don't really care if the 737 is the last.

Last edited:
There are plenty of rumors abound that have good things coming up, but I can't post them until I see them in writing. That will be soon supposedly.

WOW! Rumors! That is really good for you guys! Too bad there are no rumors at SWA .....

Latest resources

Back