Delta vs Southwest??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy crap, I actually agree with you!
I was skeptical to click on this thread at first, because I thought it might be another, "my airline is better than your airline," thread.
Some good advice for the original poster for this forum, maybe a new first!

I have my moments scooter;)

I like to think we can hang up the BS when it comes to career/interview advice-

Looking at a possible interview with Delta Airlines. Had always assumed one day I would work at Southwest since that is where my brother and Dad work/worked. even went out and got the type. I know the big selling point regarding Southwest was their culture and pay, but according to family, culture is a dying thing at Southwest and pay is more or less on par with Delta and some of the other majors. So the question. If you had both in the hand, which one would you keep, and reasons why. Thanks for the input.

You don't have a choice until you have a choice. There's a possible interview at delta. Swa's not hiring so... There is no choice. Go after delta with everything you have.

Worry about what's in front of you, not what might materialize

Spot on. You don't even have an interview yet, let alone competeing job offers. You (the OP) and several thousand other guys have "pending interviews."

Have they actually called you yet? As of right now you're just another applicant.

Apply to everyone, pray and prepare for the best, plan for the worst, and take the first offer you get.

As for SWA- what bubba said

2015 will be the telling year, but doubtful anything, maybe a couple lucky classes in 2014- so no need to sweat us too much yet- just check in now and then

In all honesty OP, I'd be putting my name in the hat for Usair/AA, UAL also- I don't know what your current gig is- but let me throw out some for the lurkers-as always there are purposeful discriminators in each airlines process- dont care if you agree or not- they're only going to hire those who convince them with everything that that particular airline is your be all end all- and on the operations side they're checking your ability to discern the details-
If you're considering giving an airline the next few decades- spend the time to know each airline's process and corporation well.
Network is less influential at most places than it used to be but the old adage "network network network" still applies to the decision boards- but be wary of advice from experienced employees who may be giving out very good old advice. You need current. Student of your career stuff

After that- get w/ Albie and Emerald coast- or somebody with as good a rep to prep you up- I don't know who that is, but when I was going through ECoast was the best.

Good luck-

SWA will not be hiring for the foreseeable future...there really is no debate here. The only thing to influence such a decision is the existence of an ACTUAL job.

Latest resources

Back