Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta & US Airways DUMP Quest for LGA gate swaps!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never said "We" had any sort of rite to ANY slots at LGA or DCA, but I can promise you that Delta and USAir didn't want us to have them.

I'm just sayin',
Gup

These current slots were up for grabs years ago, and SWA didn't want to even try to bid for them back then, since your OLD plan was to avoid busy airports. So, instead of bidding along with everyone else, you went for your "LUBBOCK WORLD HUB" and now OWN that airport. Good for you guys!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just FYI - SWA's stance was always to bid on the slots... they just wanted the slots to be up for bid not "assigned"

So SWA wanted to change the way everyone does everything? First your old pilots lead the way for Age 65 change, and now the company wants to change how airlines get slots? Wow, kinda cocky!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I never said "We" had any sort of rite to ANY slots at LGA or DCA, but I can promise you that Delta and USAir didn't want us to have them.

I'm just sayin',
Gup

Can Delta and USAir have all of your MDW gates? How about your current LGA slots? I bet SWA doesn't want DL or US to have them.

You're just sayin'......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wasn't this industry de-regulated some years ago?

Sorry Mate but the reality is this industry remains highly regulated. Only the method of how an airline sells it service to the travelling public was released from government intervention. The result is a welfare system in which the cost of providing this service is now highly subsidized by you, the employees of the airlines and not uncle Sam.

These are indeed government regulated slots

Lubbock world hub. Love it.:laugh:

THis is another USAPA victory. Mike Cleary came out right from the beginning with guns blazing against this swap- our hard efforts, unity and resolve paid off. Now with the recent victories in court and expected snap back of LOA93 we are on a roll. It is rumored pilot recalls will happen soon and maybe even some hiring again. The lucrative east is forging a new destiny for USAIr

Latest resources

Back