• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta unlimited JS? Progress?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is too bad but sometimes one bad experience gives some people a poor attitude towards the whole bunch.

I have had nothing but great experiences on Delta and its regionals. Last weekend I showed up at the gate 10 minutes prior to departure and had a Delta captain come up to see if I was trying to jumpseat. The gate agents were VERY busy with other passengers so the captain gave me a jumpseat form, listed himself, went down to talk to the Captain of the flight to make sure there were no other jumpseaters, and then ironed it out with the stressed out gate agent. I made it home before the Ice started forming in Atlanta. A true credit to his profession and company.

Good luck to you guys monday with your new operations

SS

Floatplane,

I am sure that happens every once and awhile, but hopefully not too often. Most people will use a pass when another jumpseater presents himself, or the gate agent asks him for you. Be bold and go up and ask for the seat-----if he/she has the ballz to say no when there are seats in the back, then they are true a$$ holes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I have had really good results in the few times I have jumped on Delta. The only problem with talking to the Captain is that you may get there after he is back on the plane and the gate agents will not go get him to come back up, which is understandable I guess. I just wish that if there was an issue they would at least ask him, that goes for all the airlines with limited jumpseats, not just DL.

Floatplane, nice avatar. Like to know where you got it. ;)

This is important. Starting tomorrow, Jan 31st, we will be starting operation clockwork. The crews will supposedly be onboard about 45 min prior to departure, and the doors will close probably 5 minutes early, or before scheduled departure time to ensure we get out ontime. So, if you want to jump, try to be there as early as possible and try not to bother the gate agents in the last 10-15 minutes, because they may just ignore you. They will have a lot of pressure on themselves to try to get the plane out ontime. So, try to ask early on for the jump. If you are late, you may not get it. But, we are adding a lot more flights and at the same time de-peaking our departure times. Hopefully there will be more opportunities to jump. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

That is a dumb rule.... if someone is in the actually jumpseat you are not allowed to sit in an open seat in the back? What a dumba$$. Part of me is not surprised.

Delta guys have been cordial and helpful when Ive jumped home to MSP ... sometimes saving 3-4 hours. I always try to take my own birds home but Delta has been great when I finish early.. I did notice an increase in the service level over at the Big D General ? Games on I guess ?? Good Job !'

Some of our stews should take lessons.....

My jumpseat with Delta has been relatively good. I have had on more than one occasion a jumpseat rider not take a seat in the back, even when he knew I was there. But that is life and I don't hold it against an entire flight group.

The gate agents I must say have bent over backwards at times to get me on, even if they were busy. I thank them for that.

How is the jumpseat arrangement with Airtran?

Big Easy,

Sorry about that and I am sure that is NOT a common experience, although I am hearing it more and more on this board. If you ever see that again, feel free to go over and tell him/her what you really think of them. There really is NO excuse for that, and it sounds like they have a personal grudge or something.

SWA/FO,

No, if a guy has the jumpseat scheduled, he is allowed to change it at the last minute, as long as the gate agent has time. That is the key. With our new "operation clockwork" deal, the gate agents will be under tremendous pressure to get the flight out usually 5 minutes early to ensure an ontime departure. So, if you walk up to the gate late, you may not get it because that agent is busy doing whatever else he/she is doing. If someone else has the jumpseat, talk to him/her as early as possible to see if he/she can trade the jump in for a seat in the back using a pass. The agent has to switch it in the computer.

Falconjet1,

I also remember them saying a deal with SWA and AA for unlimited jumpseats FIRST, and then others will follow. I guess it takes them awhile to all get together on the golf course and talk this over.....

MNBOYEV,

Maybe that was because they knew it was coming to an end, or the seniro people had already transfered out, leaving fresh new people doing it. As long as the jumpseater has a good attitude and doesn't really "bother" the gate agent, then the result should be a good one for everyone. A good attitude is KEY.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back