• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to start hiring 50 a month in June or July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could see 500 or more hired this year when all is said and done. Source? Director of training. Even if not 500 total this year, two classes of 24 a month being scheduled at least through April of next year.

Wow, that would be amazing. 48 a month you say? Good.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Congrats guys...
Sounds like great news!

Always
Motch

My friends are all back in the cockpit! So I would love to see them get some lay off proofing!:beer:

Could see 500 or more hired this year when all is said and done. Source? Director of training. Even if not 500 total this year, two classes of 24 a month being scheduled at least through April of next year.

That would be awesome. I'm still patiently awaiting an e-mail and would love to fill one of those slots.

I had an interview on March 21st, got the call for a class date on May 3rd. 24 per class is a good number the guy who called me from HR said.

Basically, if you are successfully in the next few weeks you will probably be in class before your PRIA background check comes back.
The guys that interviewed last week were told June 18th at the latest.
A few people who have indicated "no-notice" on their apps have been called for the May 14th class.
A disclaimer though. There is no order that they go in, in the pool. There is no first in first out. They are looking at creating a dynamic in each class. If you interviewed yesterday and fit it, then your chances are better than others. Either way, the hiring is just getting started and unless something catastrophic happens it will continue for the foreseeable future.

I hope your rumors are correct. I was in a briefing/roadshow at JFK last week and I was told that they were going to hire/bypass 200 more pilots this year. I like the other rumors better. Good luck to all it is still a good job and a lot of fun!!!

Latest resources

Back