• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to start hiring 50 a month in June or July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not necessarily true. Most of the people that are not Military are from DCI carriers. That said most regional guys work for DCI carriers. :)

Not to drift on the thread here, but how many guys have by-passed recall? I know they can by-pass for up to 10 years. I know lots of them are also coming back then going right back out on mil-leave to acrue longevity, so I guess I should ask how many active pilots are there and how many fellas are by-passing or on mil-leave? If a big aircraft order is announced do you think this will cause a flood of by-pass guys and mil-leave guys who aren't committed to come back? That could throw a wrench into some of the newhire numbers.

IMO, a big aircraft order isn't going to cause any bypass or mil guys to come back until they have to. A payraise, however, might.

Not to drift on the thread here, but how many guys have by-passed recall? I know they can by-pass for up to 10 years. I know lots of them are also coming back then going right back out on mil-leave to acrue longevity, so I guess I should ask how many active pilots are there and how many fellas are by-passing or on mil-leave? If a big aircraft order is announced do you think this will cause a flood of by-pass guys and mil-leave guys who aren't committed to come back? That could throw a wrench into some of the newhire numbers.

You're really gonna fit in with the culture over there. I think FDJ2 could be your mentor.

Outta left field, rant off.

You're really gonna fit in with the culture over there. I think FDJ2 could be your mentor.

Hey Bavarian Chef, you guys still having trouble filling classes? People are leaving JB quicker than a rain storm cancelling your flights! A lot of JB people coming back here, I wonder if its because they didn't fit in with your culture over there?

Outta left field, rant off

I think its more of a swing and a miss!;)

Hey Bavarian Chef, you guys still having trouble filling classes? People are leaving JB quicker than a rain storm cancelling your flights! A lot of JB people coming back here, I wonder if its because they didn't fit in with your culture over there?

I think its more of a swing and a miss!;)

Really? A lot? Is that 5 or 50?

Actually I was speaking just to Truckdriver, not to every other jb pilot.

You Dixie fellers keep proving my point though. Notice how I took the high road. Again.

I guess what I meant was how much notice do they give you for a class date...2 weeks, 3 weeks, more?

In my opinion nothing anymore will cause a great migration of bypasses to come back. Any bypasses that wanted to come back would have allready because there were very big financial incentives to be back beofre we exited bankruptcy. Now that we are out the incentives are gone. You will see the MLOA guys trickling back but there will be no mass of bypasses like there has been, there is no reason now like before the bk.

Latest resources

Back