Delta to start hiring 50 a month in June or July

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Howard Hughes

Could see 500 or more hired this year when all is said and done. Source? Director of training. Even if not 500 total this year, two classes of 24 a month being scheduled at least through April of next year.

Nothing new. Back in 2000 Plato Rhyne Jr said they'd be hiring "60 a month forever!..."

Nothing new. Back in 2000 Plato Rhyne Jr said they'd be hiring "60 a month forever!..."

Albie:
When I went through one of my recurrents years ago, I was told that HR just didn't know how to turn off the hiring process! They overhired, and 9/11 was the perfect reason to shed some pilots. In late 2000 we had 10250 pilots, and now I think we're somewhere around 6800 or so.
<sigh> how times change!

Basically, they will be hiring this way for the current aircraft that are on order. They have not even done the projections for the yet to be named orders.
Do not expect to see the hiring process to be changed at all. There is a tradition to it. If anything was eliminated it would be the medical. The psyche will stay there for liability reasons.

I'd love nothing more than for Delta to have 10,000 pilots again, and be the flagship of the south. In my fantasy they even make enough to start repaying some of those retirements....some of my favorite role models are retired Delta captains.

I'd love nothing more than for Delta to have 10,000 pilots again, and be the flagship of the south.
You just might....Word on the campus is a very large a/c order. Just in time to inflate or deflate the stock price!

In my fantasy they even make enough to start repaying some of those retirements....
Unfortunately, I don't see that happening! It looks like with management pawning it off to the pbgc, that not be happening!

some of my favorite role models are retired Delta captains.
:eek: :eek:
Man, when I started out as a lowly flight engineer many moons ago, I got the standard DL Captain brief. "I better not wake up and catch you sleeping!":D

Latest resources

Back