Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMBpilot said:
DAL pilots,

Could you tell me how senior DAL SLC base is? And what kind of airplanes? That and LAX.
If, lets say, hired sometime next year how long approximately, in your judgement, would it take to get there.

SLC is fairly senior. But we are already starting to see that dropping off on the bottom of the list there. The junior most pilots in SLC are not much senior to the junior pilots anywhere. In fact, I think the very bottom FO in SLC is junior to the bottom FO in ATL.

LAX, kinda the same thing. The senior most captains are pretty senior. The junior most FO's are very junior. I would not be surprised to see some recalled guys going right to 767 FO in LAX.

So to answer your last question, I don't think it would take long at all to get either one. I think LAX will end up being our junior base.

I'm assuming MD88 in NYC is the junior seat. What about the -800 in NYC? Must be a lot smaller status since it no longer does the Shuttle.

GogglesPisano said:
I'm assuming MD88 in NYC is the junior seat. What about the -800 in NYC? Must be a lot smaller status since it no longer does the Shuttle.

yes, the 88 in NYC is the junior seat. The bottom pilot on the 738 in NYC is only about 100 numbers senior to the bottom 88 pilot.

Congrats to the recall-ees.

Welcome back, dust off that uniform and send it off to the cleaners.

The first few trips back from furlough are really eerie, it's like a weird dream. It's the same as you left it, but yet it's very different.

michael707767 said:
SLC is fairly senior. But we are already starting to see that dropping off on the bottom of the list there. The junior most pilots in SLC are not much senior to the junior pilots anywhere. In fact, I think the very bottom FO in SLC is junior to the bottom FO in ATL.

LAX, kinda the same thing. The senior most captains are pretty senior. The junior most FO's are very junior. I would not be surprised to see some recalled guys going right to 767 FO in LAX.

So to answer your last question, I don't think it would take long at all to get either one. I think LAX will end up being our junior base.

Thank you very much.
How about the airplanes? Is SLC only 737? And LAX only 756?

The Regulator said:
Yeah, but who would want to go to that train wreck of a company????

Who you ask?? Every pimply faced 21 year old RJ pilot with about 1500 hours of turbine SIC making 18K a year thinking a "big jet" with a sweet autopilot is the pinnacle of aviation. That's who my friend - they'll be lining up in droves.

EMBpilot said:
Thank you very much.
How about the airplanes? Is SLC only 737? And LAX only 756?

LAX has the 757/767 domestic (about 140 lines for Capt and FO), and another category for the 765 (767-400 INTL)--with 56 lines for Captain and FO. The 765 does Hawaii and is senior in LA.

SLC has the MD90, 737-800, and 757/767. About 500 pilots are in those categories in SLC supposedly.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Hey General...can I get you to walk my stuff in when the time comes?

I used to work for the widget as a gate agent in JAX and have always wanted to go back. I think Delta is a proud Southern company.

General Lee said:
The 765 does Hawaii and is senior in LA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

When did Delta get the 765?

Will the recalled pilots be able to hold it?

What is a 765?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Latest resources

Back