Delta to recall 65 more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DAL737FO

Just announced this afternoon that we will recall another 65 pilots. First class to start Middle of October then the rest in November and December.

The Regulator said:
Yeah, but who would want to go to that train wreck of a company????

How long have you had inside information as to Delta's financials? Please, tell us more. What can we expect over the next few years and beyond oh wise one?

dtfl said:
356-65=291 left after December

that's assuming all the people offered recall actually accept. 356 have yet to be offered recall. Once you bypass, you are no longer counted as being on furlough.

My guess, they go through about 200 to get 65 to come back, which would leave us with 150 or so on furlough.

The Regulator said:

Ah yes...the all knowing has spoken. So Mr. MBA what is a "good airline" these days????

I typically agree in regards to Delta. Their mgt is not considered deft. However, they are making some good decisions regarding Intl flying and they will pull through BK. Still, the 800 lb legacy is American. The employees may not like the mgt, but they pulled off a turn around w/o BK.

Glad to hear about the recalls and wish the guys the best of luck with a better future with Delta.

Sorry guys, I guess calling it a "train wreck" was rude. I didn't mean to offend people. Just with everything going on over there I can't imagine actually wanting to work for a company that is in their current condition. But I hope they do turn it around in the future and i'm sure they will.

I guess am just lucky to be at a stable company that is doing ok and I don't have to put myself in a position of thinking about going somewhere like Delta with all their current troubles.

Again, sorry if my earlier post offended anyone. That was not my intention.

Latest resources

Back