• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to hire 300 pilots this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any truth behind this? Obviously, I'm too stoopid to know if you are joking.....

Rumor is that 300 is the low number this year and possibly 60 a month next year.

IMHO by the time we get to next year, the retirements will be enough to generate some hiring (200-300 a year) without growth.

exactly, 300 a year for retirments and 3-4% gowth planned ='s 500+ next year.

We'll see :beer:

Next years numbers depend on how the world economy is progress, therefore no official word, as it is not official.

Talked to an ATL CP (probably an assistant Chief Pilot) yesterday and he threw out the numbers 305 this year, 610 next year. Those are fairly specific numbers, but I would also say a lot depends on the economy, etc... Sounds good regardless. As ACL65 says, nothing is set in stone.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I've talked to a few folks that would like to give me a recommendation, but don't have a Delta.com email address. Can someone give a quick down and dirty on how to get one? I don't want to be pushy and make them go on a hunt on how to do it. Also, there are a couple folks from NWA that have been on Mil leave for years and don't have any Delta anything yet, except employee number. Can they till get a Delta email? Can they submit a rec if they can't get one?

Thanks.
Grunt.

I've talked to a few folks that would like to give me a recommendation, but don't have a Delta.com email address. Can someone give a quick down and dirty on how to get one? I don't want to be pushy and make them go on a hunt on how to do it. Also, there are a couple folks from NWA that have been on Mil leave for years and don't have any Delta anything yet, except employee number. Can they till get a Delta email? Can they submit a rec if they can't get one?

Thanks.
Grunt.

If it makes you feel better none of the guys in my squadron had a Delta email or were willing to go through the pain to do so. When I tried to explain how airline apps said it preferred that it came from your Delta email that told me not to worry about it. I personally wish the letters they submitted would have come from their Delta address, but like you I didn't want to be pushy.

You have to activate the account from a company computer; can't do it from home. It's really not that hard to do. I've used mine to submit two recs already. There is already an account established for all the former NWA dudes ([email protected]), they just have to activate it. At the top of the DeltaNet screen there is a link to "NWA Links" and on the next page is a link to all the documents showing how to activate the account.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back