Delta to Drop CHQ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PGTB said:
Rumor has it CHQ has been given its notice.

To PGTB, CMRFLYER & BVT, ( I better add FLYINPKER, that jerkoff isbound to end up here 2)

Hopefully you three clowns don't lose any more sleep over us. Don't be surprised if CHQ/RAH ends up doing even more flying real soon. PS, how are those paycuts going this month?

Blackpilot, would you shut the $#%^ up already.

Inconceiveable, are you for real or are you really that much of a tool? (Never mind, I just realized you went to Riddle, that explains it).

Last edited:
cmrflyer said:
I would be proud too.

When MESA takes your flying I bet they will be proud.

Everyone loves you, you are fantastic.

Heres some more flying, retard.

I have yet to meet an ATL or CVG gate agent/ramper who doesn't HATE...yes HATE Comair crews.

Just reporting what they tell me...they hate you guys.

Your Right!

Not true Tim. Negotiations haven't even touched compensation yet. However, mismanagement has expressed a desire for what you state, thanks to CMR and others. Jerry has even joined in and stated we would get no more 70s because our 70 rates are the highest (not). So, we'll at least keep what we have, and the other division of Skywest Inc can have the 70s!

Mark, I agree. I was only speculating on what may be going on with the SkyWest blended rates and comments the CEO has made.

One thing that does puzzle me is that with the number of SkyWest hubs, the cost structure to maintain those hubs must be astronomical compared to ASA's two hubs. I really cant see how our 70 seat CASM is that much higher than their blended CASM because their 50 seat pay is higher than ours which has to add to the bottom line.

I know Delta wants to increase 70 seat capacity in ATL. I seriously doubt that Jerry can afford to position SkyWest people out there and still say they are cheaper. There would have to be allot more 70 seat flights between SLC and ATL to get those aircraft out there for the trips and I don't think Delta would go for that.

StarChecker said:
I have yet to meet an ATL or CVG gate agent/ramper who doesn't HATE...yes HATE Comair crews.

Just reporting what they tell me...they hate you guys.

You are correct for Atlanta, but not for CVG. CVG agents love CHQ flights because it means they get to be over at concourse A where nobody watches them. Its the senior position for ramp agents and has nothing to do with which airline flies in. They love ASA and Comair flights over there too. Orlando gate agents can't stand handling CHQ flights. RDU agents don't give a crap either way. Take your pick.

In Atlanta, the ramp agents hate Comair because the Comair pilots constantly write up when the rampies are lounging around the tug when we're waiting to be marshalled. Comair opened a can when they went in to Atlanta and we had Ops managers down their every week complaining to ASA how pi$$ poor their rampies were doing. It resulted in the change in parking schema, and the service did improve, at least until those ramp agents quit. At least now you don't see fuel trucks driving through lines of boarding or deboarding passengers, and one time I even saw a rampie break into a run in order to marshal an airplane in. Of course the other two wing walkers were still rolling a fattie down by baggage, so we waited, but at least I can say I saw one run.

ASA had largely resigned themselves to the fact that their Atlanta ramp was going to suck. I can't blame them. Their management would do about as much to improve the ramp as it did to stimulate labor negotiations...nothing.

Who cares what rampers and gate agents like? What difference is that going to make in anything?

bvt1151 said:
You are correct for Atlanta, but not for CVG. CVG agents love CHQ flights because it means they get to be over at concourse A where nobody watches them. Its the senior position for ramp agents and has nothing to do with which airline flies in. They love ASA and Comair flights over there too. Orlando gate agents can't stand handling CHQ flights. RDU agents don't give a crap either way. Take your pick.

Ah...I thought there was a story behind it...appreciate the info. God forbid you expect rampers/agents to do their jobs. But I have to say...you haven't seen lazy-a$$ wastes-of-space until you've done Airways flying in PHL.

Jumppilot and Pgtb have more flames than an Air France Concorde.Remember Jumppilot confessed to seeing Mco/Fll base closure memo on our (chq) company website only a couple of weeks ago before evil management yanked it!

We are upgrading 145 drivers at a current rate of 30 a month,doesnt seem like management is aware of the impending decimation of the 145 fleet.

The only positive I can derive from these obvious flames is the fact that jumppilot and pgtb are so green with envy they must invent this bollox in the vain hope there wishfull thinking will come to fruition.

StarChecker said:
Ah...I thought there was a story behind it...appreciate the info. God forbid you expect rampers/agents to do their jobs. But I have to say...you haven't seen lazy-a$$ wastes-of-space until you've done Airways flying in PHL.

So I've heard. I think USAir's Christmas fiasco highlighted PHL's ground handling nitemare. At least in Atlanta I can sit in moderately warm weather while complaining about the rampies. I couldn't imagine trying to hit a wheels up time out of Philly.

Latest resources

Back