Delta to Drop CHQ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
No one on the Delta side is immune from pay cuts. Except, the SkyWest guys are INSULATED.......of course.

Bye Bye--General Lee

wow -- you are really back, aren't you! :)

General Lee said:
No one on the Delta side is immune from pay cuts. Except, the SkyWest guys are INSULATED.......of course.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Shouldn't you be praying they price themselves out of further flying?

ReportCanoa said:
Shouldn't you be praying they price themselves out of further flying?

They will be asked for pay cuts eventually too I am sure. And their union will say........ah, nevermind. I have a question---how do their inhouse union guys get to be at their posts? Does management appoint them?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
They will be asked for pay cuts eventually too I am sure. And their union will say........ah, nevermind.

Big words considering DAL's come at you guys repeatedly as of late and DALPA has proven themselves to be "Once, twice, [dare we say] THREE TIMES A LADY!"

Still smarting from that severance package the judge approved for management G.L.?

Tell us more how we should run our pilot group General, tell us more...

difete said:
Hey General,
In all sincerity, with all your experience, flight time and age, you surely do not contribute nothing good to this forums. Lift up your professional demenour for goodness sakes man!! You are a Delta airlines pilot!!

Thanks for the ego boost. Seriously though, I do not dislike any particular SkyWest pilot (and I have a buddy out there in SLC who flies for SKYW), but rather I dislike the recent choices made by your group as a whole. Your group made the choice for growth without getting paid what you deserve for different sized jets. That set the new standard, and now Comair had to follow. Your group sounds giddy like "a little school girl" over the possibility of larger RJs, yet still under the 50 seat pay scale. Please excuse me if I sound like I dislike that, because I DO. Then your senior guys mostly started to avoid that CR7 because of the pay deal, which is really what the company wanted anyway. You see, now they upgrade people and make them take the CR7 conversion training, and then put them in the left seat, at an actual LOWER rate--since most have less longevity at the company. So, a 5 year Captain flies a larger plane for less per hour than a 10 year guy who avoids it. What a mess. But, your CFO feels INSULATED from the threat of higher gas bills, and higher labor costs. Sounds like he deserves a HUGE BONUS. Again, I do not dislike any particular SkyWest guys, well maybe CFIT, and Dave Benjamin took the wheenie way out instead of debating me, but other than those guys, I think you guys are swell.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Rogue5 said:
Big words considering DAL's come at you guys repeatedly as of late and DALPA has proven themselves to be "Once, twice, [dare we say] THREE TIMES A LADY!"

Still smarting from that severance package the judge approved for management G.L.?

Tell us more how we should run our pilot group General, tell us more...

Good try. Well, that second TEMPORARY pay cut has not been resolved, and we are trying to get that back in pieces. Stay tuned for that. And, the severance package, while seemingly unfair to the rest of the employees, is probably on par with most management severance packages at other companies. How about Michele Burns, our ex-CFO, going to bankrupt Mirant Corporation in ATL after DL and then asking the judge in their proceedings for a raise too---and they got it. In reality Delta is chopping a bunch of jobs in the mangagement ranks and that is good---to the tune of $200 million a year in savings on that side. I personally believe we should have better furlough pay (if a guy gets furloughed)---and most of our current furloughed pilots got an OK deal pay wise when they left---3-4 months of pay.

Now, on to your group. Well, your "union" is a joke. Where is that pay raise of yours? Oh yeah, profit sharing will always be there---especially if we are paying your fuel bills..... Your group has really set the benchmark(---up to 99 seats??? oh come on!!), and now everyone will have to follow. Well, atleast you got 5 more CR7s to fly!! Yippppeeee! (oh wait, that was Ron Reber saying that)

Bye Bye--General Lee

In some wierd twisted way... I actually agree with the General.

Maybe I had some bad sushi or something...

rtmcfi said:
GL- Which of the Delta Feeders pay for their own fuel? We know SkyWest does not. Does ASA, Comair, Mesa, or Shaniqwa pay for their fuel?

None of them do... that's why the fee-for-departure model is so popular. Also notice how none of the airlines operate turborprops (outside of a handful) for Delta? It's because their costs are covered regardless of what airplane they fly, and there's little point in flying a more fuel-efficient aircraft if you get reimbursed for the costs of operation!

The newest DCI agreement with SkyWest/ASA requires them to bear the difference in cost of fuel if it rises above a set amount. I'd assume the deals with the other DCI carriers are similar.

Latest resources

Back