Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tail Gunner Joe

Source: Delta Air Lines (DAL) was the bottom-dweller

(NEWSER) – Poor Delta: It gets less respect than even Denny's and cigarette maker Philip Morris. A new survey of businesspeople finds the airline is the least respected of the brands studied, Yahoo Finance reports. The most respected? PepsiCo and Coca-Cola, in a tie. CoreBrand, a branding research firm, asked respondents about 100 well-known corporate brands that have been publicly traded for at least five years; favorability ratings were based on a company's reputation, how people view its management, and how promising it is as an investment. (The survey captures the attitudes of the business world, not consumers.) The bottom five:

Delta Air Lines
Philip Morris
H&R Block
Denny's
Big Lots

I enjoyed Richard Anderson's opening in sky magazine about how it's all about taking care of people... While he's dragging DCI through the mud for more concessions on already low wages.

Spot on in my book. Lets see Delta is looked at even more poorly than Phillip Morris's. Phillip Morris makes cigarettes which kill thousands of people every year. Way to go delta, you're liked less than a company that pretty much addicts and slaughters people.

Last edited:
Yet people are still packing air planes, getting their grand slams, and sucking down a pack of Marbie Lights a day.

Source: Delta Air Lines (DAL) was the bottom-dweller

(NEWSER) – Poor Delta: It gets less respect than even Denny's and cigarette maker Philip Morris. A new survey of businesspeople finds the airline is the least respected of the brands studied, Yahoo Finance reports. The most respected? PepsiCo and Coca-Cola, in a tie. CoreBrand, a branding research firm, asked respondents about 100 well-known corporate brands that have been publicly traded for at least five years; favorability ratings were based on a company's reputation, how people view its management, and how promising it is as an investment. (The survey captures the attitudes of the business world, not consumers.) The bottom five:

Delta Air Lines
Philip Morris
H&R Block
Denny's
Big Lots

After scanning the article I'm skeptical that any other airline was included. Since the average customer expects to get from point a to point b in any weather condition within 30 seconds of scheduled arrival time 100% of the time, with a free steak dinner, for no more than $200, it doesn't surprise me they would come out on the bottom. I would doubt they would be there if other airlines were included in the study.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Delta.

Yahoo Blogs? Yep, that's official. I just started my own blog and DL was the most respected brand in the world. Imagine that.

Spot on in my book. Lets see Delta is looked at even more poorly than Phillip Morris's. Phillip Morris makes cigarettes which kill thousands of people every year. Way to go delta, you're liked less than a company that pretty much addicts and slaughters people.

Ever hear of diabetes? Sugary drinks will disable and kill people, not to mention be a massive health care anchor in the near future.

Delta is better than Denny's for sure.

Ever hear of diabetes? Sugary drinks will disable and kill people, not to mention be a massive health care anchor in the near future.

Hey, I've heard that in 10 years there will be cures for everything. And, we all know big Pharma companies care about us, the consumer. We will all be fine!

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee is one of the least respected "pilots" on this board and, supposedly, he works for Delta. I guess this blog must be on to something.

Latest resources

Back