• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta/Skywest cuts in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is the stupidest business plan I have ever heard of. So XJT will keep losing money by flying for delta at cost in order to secure more flying so they can lose even more money. I guess you guys don't have long term goals.

Delta flying is very proffitable for us at XJT. We are not making as much on it as the CoEx side but making money non the less. We are losing $$ with the branded stuff, but those routes are changing soon. I don't think that they would be adding more planes if they were not making any cash...

Delta flying is very proffitable for us at XJT. We are not making as much on it as the CoEx side but making money non the less. We are losing $$ with the branded stuff, but those routes are changing soon. I don't think that they would be adding more planes if they were not making any cash...

THE ASA PILOTS IN DFW WERE TELLING US THE SAME THING IN ATL right up until the day that the DFW closing was announced. The only hub that makes money is ATL. The yields in the West are way too low because of the competition of the low cost carriers.

How long will they keep losing money though?

They actually make money on the pro-rate Delta flying although it is nothing like they make with the CAL CPA. The sinking of the XJT ship is going to be the branded flying and that is what Hayman is trying to get them to ditch. I think they will move branded planes into pro-rate if they can and it looks like Delta may give them that opportunity. UAL is also testing the XJT waters so they may get some over there on a longer term basis after this deal in March. The other big question is what happens in two years when CAL can send out another 25% of the CAL flying for bid. XJT has some serious issues and it appears as if the branded stuff is not the answer they thought it was going to be. I might actually change my original statement and say that a SkyWest buyout may happen. They would probably just let CAL take the airframes back that they don't want. Wouldn't take alot of money to get XJT right now with the current stock price and Hayman on their side.

THE ASA PILOTS IN DFW WERE TELLING US THE SAME THING IN ATL right up until the day that the DFW closing was announced. The only hub that makes money is ATL. The yields in the West are way too low because of the competition of the low cost carriers.

I guess you'll have to listen to all us Xjeters as we add more planes out west and make money on our pro rate... until they close LAX down.... bummer.......Jeeeeeesssssh

Can I see the crystal ball you have...........

wait......... HAHAHAHAHA! lighten up dude

Last edited:
Lax, as a hub, is probably safe. However, it is rumored that Xjet only has a 2 year contract which ends a little over a year from now. Maybe, it will be renewed. Or maybe, SkyWest will be your competitor and replacement. That call is not in focus.

Sorry, you can't see my crystal ball..........

After the merge, there will be no need for 3 hubs which now would include LAX (DL), SEA (gateway for NWA), and SLC (DL). That does not take a crystal ball. Even if the merger fails, if SLC cannot support international flights, SLC will not be a hub for DL. The SLC/Paris run, starting in the next month or so, will be the first test. DL's focus is on high yield international flights that tend to be less cyclical than domestic. With the dollar so weak, there is strong traffic to and from Europe. But domestic feed is also important for those flights.

SLC is a money maker. Ive seen the numbers. SLC makes most of its money in the spring. I don't think it's going anywere.

So what I'm reading hear is that XJet is dragging the regional industry down, underbidding everybody just to find work for their planes?

Lax, as a hub, is probably safe. However, it is rumored that Xjet only has a 2 year contract which ends a little over a year from now. Maybe, it will be renewed. Or maybe, SkyWest will be your competitor and replacement. That call is not in focus.

Sorry, you can't see my crystal ball..........

After the merge, there will be no need for 3 hubs which now would include LAX (DL), SEA (gateway for NWA), and SLC (DL). That does not take a crystal ball. Even if the merger fails, if SLC cannot support international flights, SLC will not be a hub for DL. The SLC/Paris run, starting in the next month or so, will be the first test. DL's focus is on high yield international flights that tend to be less cyclical than domestic. With the dollar so weak, there is strong traffic to and from Europe. But domestic feed is also important for those flights.

Thanks Frank.

So what I'm reading hear is that XJet is dragging the regional industry down, underbidding everybody just to find work for their planes?

LOL thanks for the laugh LOL:laugh:

In the past all flying was done the same way XJT is doing the DAL deal. It wasn't that long ago that CPA's started. Considering XJT pilots are one of the highest paid 50 seat airlines out there i would hardly say they are bringing the industry down. In fact their pay runs right up there with your 70+ seat pay, chew on that a little bit.:rolleyes:

SLC is a money maker. Ive seen the numbers. SLC makes most of its money in the spring. I don't think it's going anywere.

I doubt you've actually seen the numbers, unless you work at the DAL GO on Virginia Ave. All of Delta's hubs are losing money right now... CVG is currently leading the list. Even mighty ATL is not performing well right now.

Latest resources

Back