• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta/Skywest cuts in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It would seem that we have stopped our own music for now until things begin playing out. Hopefully, we can manage some more flying or at least maintain by moving the fleet around, seen in some small example with the new 700s that are coming on line in the next few months.

" In any event, Delta won't be able to unilaterally ground any SkyWest aircraft. Childs said contracts with Delta guarantee the number of aircraft SkyWest will operate.
"Contractually, we certainly have an obligation with Delta to fly the number or 50-seat, 70-seat, 76-seat and 90-seat aircraft that we have. To the extent that Delta wishes to take aircraft out of our fleet, there is a contractual issue there," Childs said"

We are already at our min floor.. They can take planes out but they still have to pay for them!!

We are already at our min floor.. They can take planes out but they still have to pay for them!!

So lets say that Delta decides that it's still better and cost effective to take routes away even though they still have to pay Skywest. Well that leaves the pilots and flight attendants to suffer with crappy schedules, QOL and less hiring but Skywest still gets its money and gets richer.

Yep, I agree and it doesn't get much crappier than reserve which it seems like half the company is on:(

you could be doing like we are with delta by flying a a plane 1 leg, letting it sit 5 hours, flying another leg, sitting 12 hours, etc etc etc.

this is nothing more than a rumor but from what I've heard delta told us that if and when they merge they will be shutting down SLC

increased ops out of LAX i'd suspect. remember, United's scope threw out the compeitition clause, so Skywest can operate for UAL and DAL out of the same airport. It will get interesting.

I just love this statement at the bottom of this article:

The CRJ200
Why airlines love them
* There are still plenty of destinations where CRJ200 planes make money, such as ski resorts.
I remember when going from SLC to YVR, we left 22 pairs of skies behind because they would not fit in the cargo bay. Someone needs to check their facts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back