Delta/Skywest cuts in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well I'm sure you know better wavit

No not really, just stuff I have heard around the crew room and on the job. Where did you hear it would close? I just can;t see it happening. If anything closes I think it would be Memphis and CVG. SLC seems to be to important of a feeder. Nothing else near for either airline. LAX would primarily be a international hub. Just my opinion. Any other thoughts?

Heard it from a sim guy. He said assistant chief W said delta told them this...Im sure its just he said she said

Folks, lets get real here. No one knows anything. Not even the CEOs know whats going to happen. And those idiots that write those stupid articles for the newspapers and other aviation gurus. The know even less then we all do on this flightinfo. Lets wait and see but I do know that SLC isn't closing.

Everyone is friends with someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows a check airmen who heard from a lead maintenance inspector who heard from the chief pilot's secretary who overheard the VP of something whispering to some other VP that "xxxxx is goin to happen!"

If Delta/NWA pulled the plug on SLC they would in effect be abandoning the entire west coast. Should they actually do this it would automatically trigger SKYW contingency plan 3C5 option 2 whereby SKYW would immediately acquire the Alaska Air Group to form a west coast powerhouse backed by an exclusive fuel purchase agreement secretly negotiated with Hugo Chaves; Jet A1 for 25 cents per gallon. I know this to be true as I negotiated the deal myself through my myspace account while on a layover in SFO last week.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back