Delta/Skywest cuts in SLC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly!

All I know is Formula 1 should post more often.

Gotta love that avatar

If Delta/NWA pulled the plug on SLC they would in effect be abandoning the entire west coast. Should they actually do this it would automatically trigger SKYW contingency plan 3C5 option 2 whereby SKYW would immediately acquire the Alaska Air Group to form a west coast powerhouse backed by an exclusive fuel purchase agreement secretly negotiated with Hugo Chaves; Jet A1 for 25 cents per gallon. I know this to be true as I negotiated the deal myself through my myspace account while on a layover in SFO last week.

I can back Jon up on this, he used my Blackberry for negotiations.

Thanks Bro!

increased ops out of LAX i'd suspect. remember, United's scope threw out the compeitition clause, so Skywest can operate for UAL and DAL out of the same airport. It will get interesting.

I'm not sure about this one....

Shuttle couldn't operate the E-jets for Frontier out of DEN because of UALs competition clause - that's why Republic do it. Not, as many think, because Shuttle is scoped by # of seats......

I think SkyWest could certainly operate both out of LAX, but UAL might have something to say about it.

Shuttle couldn't operate the E-jets for Frontier out of DEN because of UALs competition clause - that's why Republic do it. Not, as many think, because Shuttle is scoped by # of seats......

I think SkyWest could certainly operate both out of LAX, but UAL might have something to say about it.

United would have no say in the matter. United had a clause in the contract that prevented Skywest from flying for another carrier out of LAX. However that was restructured when the deal ws made to add all the 700's that are coming to replace the EMB. Now Skywest can do as they please in LAX.

Like it really matters.... It's just a shell game anyway with those tickets...

If Delta/NWA pulled the plug on SLC they would in effect be abandoning the entire west coast. Should they actually do this it would automatically trigger SKYW contingency plan 3C5 option 2 whereby SKYW would immediately acquire the Alaska Air Group to form a west coast powerhouse backed by an exclusive fuel purchase agreement secretly negotiated with Hugo Chaves; Jet A1 for 25 cents per gallon. I know this to be true as I negotiated the deal myself through my myspace account while on a layover in SFO last week.
Love it :)

Delta and SkyWest are not the happiest couple in codeshare land right now for sure. Jerry likes to think 4 moves ahead. Plan 3C5 Option 2 might be a go.

Right now the focus is on international flying no one is even performing yet. The narrowbody domestic system that feeds the majors - ehh - small jets, take care of themselves. :rolleyes:

Good for AirTran and SkyWest...

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but any rumor or threat to close down SLC is mostly a scare tactic to keep things competitive.

Put people on edge about their job, and you might see them take pay concessions, or at least stop pushing for a raise.

I'm seeing similar things in the Cargo world. Their tactics may seem like management nonsense, but they're obviously trying to keep the pressure on, and labor costs down.

Just my opinion, but any rumor or threat to close down SLC is mostly a scare tactic to keep things competitive.

Put people on edge about their job, and you might see them take pay concessions, or at least stop pushing for a raise.

I'm seeing similar things in the Cargo world. Their tactics may seem like management nonsense, but they're obviously trying to keep the pressure on, and labor costs down.
ilia

SLC will close when the merger takes place! However, if you will agree to fly the 700's and 900's at 1990 Brasilia rates, there may be a chance you can save the base closing!

Latest resources

Back