• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta scheduling interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In 2000 I personally know of 2 females who were FO's at the regionals who were hired with zero PIC turbine. That is probably the exception and not the rule. It will be very competitive in this next hiring wave.

Bingo. There is your key word. "Female"

Call me sexist or whatever you want, but I'm calling it like it is in this industry.

There are been plenty of ppl hire without PIC time. Both from the 121 and 135 world. See DAL understands that a ASA, or Eagle pilot did not upgrade because they did not want to, they know they couldn't.

Apply and with the correct LOR, anything is fair game. Once you get the interview, it is about you and you alone. Not who got you the chance at the table. Time matters, but how you portray yourself as a leader matters more.

I say apply, and do everything in your power to get the interview. There are many ppl here today that were sitting where you are and got the call and subsequent job.

They will spread out the new hires as they see fit. They stated 240, which IMO is never been done before. The stated a specific number so at least that many will get hired.

I know we have lots o apps and a lot of pilots are more than qualified. Apply now and update often.
Best of luck guys!

---------

On the reserve deal. Reserve is a crap shoot. It is unique in its design. My belief is that you need to be available for your obligation as you are getting paid. Living where you sit reserve is paramount. If not, it is at 18 days away from home at a min.

I do not necessarily enjoy short call, but it goes with the position of bidding a jet to sit reserve. The converse is that when we are fat on pilot you can move your days off and get a schedule your seniority has not business holding. Also if you are not converted to SC, you basically are free of obligation until the phone rings. By living in base, it makes the only down side sitting SC and not being able to go out and do heavy yard work. :D

It is what you make of it. Could it be better? Yes, but it is a lot better than where you will be coming from.

Are these prescreen interviews essential to getting an actual interview?

If you don't do a prescreen, do you still have a shot? How much does the prescreen help you?

No idea as they have not called anyone for an interview.

Last time they started out with prescreens and quickly moved away from them. Who know what they will do this time.

Are these prescreen interviews essential to getting an actual interview?

If you don't do a prescreen, do you still have a shot? How much does the prescreen help you?

I didn't do a prescreen and I got an interview...granted, it was the LAST interview before they shut the doors. I wasn't successful in the panel portion.

ACL,

Any word on if they're going to change the one-shot-deal thing?

I would not be surprized if they change the one shot policy and allow people to re-apply and interview again. I know some that got hired at NWA and had class dates that got cancelled and got turned down at DAL. If Dal gives pref interviews to previous NWA poolies, then they will have to change there policy.

I would not be surprized if they change the one shot policy and allow people to re-apply and interview again. I know some that got hired at NWA and had class dates that got cancelled and got turned down at DAL. If Dal gives pref interviews to previous NWA poolies, then they will have to change there policy.

Well, I'm not holding my breath, but I'm optimistic and I update regularly.

I have no idea, all I have heard is that they are looking at the NWA pool. I have heard of two or three that failed the DAL panel that are in the NWA pool, but I am not sure if that is urban legend or not.

Also, the letter from NWA gave a termination date on their pool. That has passed. The pool is legally dissolved. .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back