Delta scheduling interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
80% can now hold DTW 744B. Wow.

DTW and MSP 7ERB went extremely junior as well.

In addition, if you get a CP pre-screen, what should your attire be? Suit and tie or business casual? Thanks!
Suit FOR SURE! Thats what I did and got an interview 3 weeks later.

Ok Guys. Here's what I know from my experience. I was hired in the last class to go through at Delta (May 5th ,2008). I was at Comair for 12 years. A friend helped me and I got a meet and greet with an assistant CP in ATL. Yes, I wore a suit and stayed in a hotel the night before in order to make the 8:30am meet and greet. 3 weeks later I got a call for an interview. I got the job in April and was in class by May.
I've been in NYC on the MD88 for 2 years and Love the Job. I'm not trying to brag but seriously, the difference in Mgmt./Employee relationship at the regionals is night and day.
The schedulers are AWESOME and they have always been able to help me out whenever they are able...90% of the time I get my request.
Don't let being a regional pilot or anything else hold you back.
Delta is hiring future Captains and they will hire you if you have a professional attitude and a good interview. I'm sure there's more to the hiring process but that was my experience and I've never looked back.

Good Luck and get your Delta buddies to get you a meet and greet if you can!

Ok Guys. Here's what I know from my experience. I was hired in the last class to go through at Delta (May 5th ,2008). I was at Comair for 12 years. A friend helped me and I got a meet and greet with an assistant CP in ATL. Yes, I wore a suit and stayed in a hotel the night before in order to make the 8:30am meet and greet. 3 weeks later I got a call for an interview. I got the job in April and was in class by May.
I've been in NYC on the MD88 for 2 years and Love the Job. I'm not trying to brag but seriously, the difference in Mgmt./Employee relationship at the regionals is night and day.
The schedulers are AWESOME and they have always been able to help me out whenever they are able...90% of the time I get my request.
Don't let being a regional pilot or anything else hold you back.
Delta is hiring future Captains and they will hire you if you have a professional attitude and a good interview. I'm sure there's more to the hiring process but that was my experience and I've never looked back.

Good Luck and get your Delta buddies to get you a meet and greet if you can!

+1 Ditto what this guy said....Way better than the old job...and I really liked my old job.

80% can now hold DTW 744B. Wow.

DTW and MSP 7ERB went extremely junior as well.

Here's a what if......

I am a 2000 DAL S hire. I can almost hold 744 (don't want it though as I live in NY) but cannot bid it for 4 more years.

Would a 2010 new hire be able to bid it?

All pilots that are hired after the SLI date probably are not fenced from either jet. (777/744)

I guess they could be fenced from the 744 since it is a NWA jet and the 777 is a DAL jet and they are not F-NWA pilots. Interesting.

That is just a guess though.

Wait a minute.....We hired a Comair guy? WTF?? (all in fun people)

Anybody heard from TankerJackholeMonkey to walk his sorry resume and his WAY packed DD-214? (Again, all jokes, he's too stupid to fill out an app)

Wait a minute.....We hired a Comair guy? WTF?? (all in fun people)

HAHAHA...Good one. You'd be suprised how many captains I've flown with have said the same thing...or maybe you wouldn't. Seriously, even the guys who made a comment were just giving me a hard time in jest.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back