Delta scheduling interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mike November

I know August is when hiring is supposed to start, but I heard Delta has started offering interviews through job fairs etc. Anyone heard this or have an interview scheduled?

Also, is anyone in the interview pool from 2008? Heard anything?

Imagine what you will need to be competitive.
Space shuttle rating maybe.

I wonder which domicile the new hires will be assigned.

MSP and NYC MD-88 are the two most junior categories. ATL MD-88 is also junior. I doubt you will see new hires into the 767 ER. If so, the numbers will be much smaller.

More info will be available once the latest AE bid results are out. The remaining vacancies from the AE are where the new hires will go.

I am a 2000 hire. I have ~~3500 behind me. On the current bid there are were over 125 pilots senior to me that wanted the 7ER. I probably won't get that assignment. Yes new hires in 2007 did get it (I was greedy and din't put in for it then). With 3500 behind me, I can't imagine a new hire getting it; probably only MD-88s.

Some of the guys I know have called to ask how to get a prescreen with the CPO. Apparently they are starting those.

It is going to be very competitive off the bat. I am sure that any pilot that is coming from another major will be looked at before a RJ guy. Just a guess though.

ATL is going to be very senior. I would bet like last time the first few classes will be on the 88/9 and then maybe some 320 spots in dtw and 73n spots in nyc. As we continue to hire, that will change, and will change after the Aug AE is finalized too.

I would say DTW and msp dc-9 for the new hires.

The DC9 category is shrinking and thus is getting more senior. My guess is that newbs COULD see the -9 but i personally think the most junior position will be the M88. We'll see

The DC9 category is shrinking and thus is getting more senior. My guess is that newbs COULD see the -9 but i personally think the most junior position will be the M88. We'll see

I think alot of senior guys are leaving the 9. They can have my seat in
dtw on the 9.

Latest resources

Back