• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta scheduling interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As we say in the NYC Magic.....Just bustin' balls!!

Here's a what if......

I am a 2000 DAL S hire. I can almost hold 744 (don't want it though as I live in NY) but cannot bid it for 4 more years.

Would a 2010 new hire be able to bid it?

Yep, they can get it per the contract. Any vacancies go to new-hires. Doubtful it will happen.

If I remember right, there were people hired in 2007-08 on this very same forum bragging to others about how they will sit on the 777 soon.

Soon meaning 10 years.

Seniority will shake loose and the gravitational pull of a proper bid will mean all new hires will goto the 88 or DC-9.

Yep, they can get it per the contract. Any vacancies go to new-hires. Doubtful it will happen.

If I remember right, there were people hired in 2007-08 on this very same forum bragging to others about how they will sit on the 777 soon.

Soon meaning 10 years.

Seniority will shake loose and the gravitational pull of a proper bid will mean all new hires will goto the 88 or DC-9.

Heyas BL,

Not necessarily. When you see the high dollar seats that nominally have better QoL going way junior, its usually a sign that something else is at play.

Reserve at Big D isn't, shall we say, particularly user friendly...especially on the international side. With the way DAL bids, you might be stuck there for an extended period of time if things stagnate.

There was a reason new hires went to the widebodies...

Nu

This is a rather naive question, one that I think I know the answer to, but it is worth a shot. Has Delta ever hired anyone without 121/135 or military PIC time? ...as in your average regional F/O.

This is a rather naive question, one that I think I know the answer to, but it is worth a shot. Has Delta ever hired anyone without 121/135 or military PIC time? ...as in your average regional F/O.

In 2000 I personally know of 2 females who were FO's at the regionals who were hired with zero PIC turbine. That is probably the exception and not the rule. It will be very competitive in this next hiring wave.

Last edited:
If you meet the mins, there is nothing wrong with applying. I would think your odds are lower, but you never know

It's all who you know and who you can get to look at your stuff.

Bingo...10,000 hours won't necessarily make you any more competitive than 5,000 hours - Looking for the "right cultural and personality fit."

Are these 300-ish new hires going to be spread out over the year or within a certain timeframe?

Latest resources

Back