Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a few Airtran

most have been the crack?

Say, I've got a serious question for you DAL guys/gals..... Since DAL is hiring again, does that mean they went through their furlough list twice and the folks that turned them down twice, have no rights to come back? If Yes, does anyone have a number of who came back? Say 50-60%??? Just wondering. I know NWA was calling a bunch of guys to get 1 to come back.

-peace out~

most have been the crack?

Say, I've got a serious question for you DAL guys/gals..... Since DAL is hiring again, does that mean they went through their furlough list twice and the folks that turned them down twice, have no rights to come back? If Yes, does anyone have a number of who came back? Say 50-60%??? Just wondering. I know NWA was calling a bunch of guys to get 1 to come back.

-peace out~

DL currently has 251 folks on (furlough) bypass and 3 & 5 yr ploa's. The 3 & 5 yr ploa's were given a 1 time opportunity which expires at the end of March to return or wait out until their leave is up (this is why with the $2.1B claim that new hires were put back a couple of weeks). The other folks on bypass have 10 years from their date of furlough to return. Big difference....The furloughee's on bypass stopped collecting longevity the day they elected to bypass recall.
DL only has to go through the list once. Anyone on furlough right now only has to submit their paperwork telling the company they want to return (there is a 30 day window.)

If given NY_MD88, how long to get back to ATL? Any position locks?
Fins, I thought you were banned from going to Delta. Weren't you part of the big RJDC drive?

Hopefully if Delta does get a 100 seater this will finaly signal a turning point where the Majors take back some of the flying they farmed out to the regionals. For the hope of any quality flying or a career worth pursuing lets hope so.

No the turning point was signalled about a year ago when the AWA mec captured the e190's for mainline. Don't try to steal our thunder pal.....

What type of flight times do most of the DL new hires have?
Anyone getting in with the mins? or W/O pic time?

There are a lot of people that have gotten on with out any PIC. The youngest was 25 or so. She will be number one for many years.

The range is from just above the mins to 10K+. A lot with around 6K or so.

Yes, they are. I think this was already talked about in a companion thread about DL qualifications.

Delta had a scholarship program for female applicants. (I know what you're thinking) The truth is that these women turned out to be really sharp. I understand perhaps more than one has been hired after going through the complete interview gauntlet and doing well. Others (male and female) have been hired with low times, but again, they got through a tough interview to get hired.

Delta seems focused on getting good, sharp, people who they know they can train. I think most new hires are around 5,500 and several thousand jet PIC, but you can't win if you don't play. If you want to fly at Delta, apply. Besides, after you complete their process you will be ready for anything. Supreme Court Justices are confirmed by the Senate with less background scrutiny than Delta is giving their pilots. To that extent less history, i mean experience, might be a good thing.

No the turning point was signalled about a year ago when the AWA mec captured the e190's for mainline. Don't try to steal our thunder pal.....

I agree, and I applaud the AWA MEC for recapturing something the USAIR MEC had given away.

Thread drift, but can anyone explain what the 190's at USAir to me. Are the aircraft part of USAir or are the pilots USAir pilots working under a different certificate. Is it just the 190's or are the 170's as well?

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back