• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Rumor Mill....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You jetBlue guys are hopeless. The only reason there is a shred of dignity left in the passenger side of this profession is because of the pre-9/11 contracts of American, Delta, and United. The only chance of the good-old-days being restored will be BECAUSE of the legacy pilots, and IN SPITE OF crap ponzi/pyramid schemes like jetBlue that suck the life out of this profession.quote]

Yeah, all that scope you guys gave away did wonders for this profession. Give yourself a pat on the back for that one!

In regard to JetBlow, perhaps at the end of their "contracts", pilots would have to agree to non-union status or be fired. Maybe, Neeleman could preemptively start canning certain pilots to insure no union. IF a union ever makes it onto JetBlow property, the "nice guys" days of now will be over. They'll be just another advasarial, combative airline. The other option is no union and continued fleecing at RJ rates for the 190 and maybe pawn some more busses off to Europe.

I'm not predicting faliure but once the last planes come (and any that get sold), I see stagnation, average pay and dissatisfaction.

In other words, just another Regional.
Hey EagleBoy
Do you hate all jetBlue pilots or just the ones that flagged you on phase I?

Wow, that's some merger/fragmentation protection. Getting "hired" on to the bottom of the list.

JBLU shares at $40? When was the last time you saw that? It's selling in the low teens isn't it? You might see 10% increase in share price maybe even 20%, but I doubt you'll see 300% if JBLU is acquired or fragmented.

Do you have stock options or grants and at what price do you have them?

So if there was a proposed merger /buyout you think the shares would only go up 10%?

First, I want to explain a little about the Executive Jet agreement. One of the reasons we signed this contract is to tie up our gates in LAX and keep them from being taken back by the airport. We have huge plans for international expansion out of LAX including 787s. There will be a multi-billion $$ aircraft order announced after we emerge from BK.
I think he means the ExpressJet deal to fly (10) 145's to the ski areas from LAX. Just another ploy to tie up the gates until they come out of BK in May. LAX has every intention of tossing DL out as they have cost them millions with their game playing. The credibility of this whole ramble is suspect because of mis-info.

What will be interesting is whether DL will benefit or lose if the new open sky agreement with EU is agreed to. Certainly opening gates at Heathrow will help all the other carriers that can't compete in that monopoly, but the yields from the US to EU will drop dramatically in the coming years, hurting those carriers that rely on that traffic to pump up their bottom line (which is exactly why DL decided to expand their EU market). There's talk of the big LCC's in Europe looking at Trans Atlantic routes if that happens.

Also, part of the agreement is the foreign ownership in US airlines. Apparently they will be allowed to buy 100% of the non-voting stock in lieu of the old 25%. This should give Branson the green light he needs to get Virgin US underway.

:pimp:​

In regard to JetBlow, perhaps at the end of their "contracts", pilots would have to agree to non-union status or be fired. Maybe, Neeleman could preemptively start canning certain pilots to insure no union. IF a union ever makes it onto JetBlow property, the "nice guys" days of now will be over. They'll be just another advasarial, combative airline. The other option is no union and continued fleecing at RJ rates for the 190 and maybe pawn some more busses off to Europe.

I'm not predicting faliure but once the last planes come (and any that get sold), I see stagnation, average pay and dissatisfaction.

In other words, just another Regional.

fleecing rates?? thats classic. i was very impressed how the ALPA eagle pilots bent over when trans states took their flying in stl. maybe because ALPA tsa rates were lower?????

maybe we should tell neeleman that instead of a 5 year contract we should sign a 15 year contract. that might stop the "fleecing".

Again, these are not my words. Just copied and pasted from another message board. I dont have any idea about the validity of the claims and the Jetblew comment wasnt mine either. Carry on....

LOVE your original JETBLEW comment!

You're so smart, witty and well paid.

I'm sure you love the bankruptcy laws too!
Not too proud to shaft your creditors and shareholders?

What a Glorious Airline you fly for!

You have to wonder is the LCC will start going through the same cycle that the legacies have gone through. It happens to the best of them. I guess they will have to or they will no longer be LCC.

No you don't, it's been going on for some time now. Just because most of us have been ignoring it for years, doesn't mean anything. Things take time to materialize, just like the decline in 50 seat RJ usage that was predicted long ago and ignored by most. LCC's thirve primarily on high density markets where they can maintain good frequency, strong loads and therefore low fares. Of course each individual carrier does it in their own unique way, but the underlying principles are the same. However there is a natural limit to how many of these markets can be served profitably. LCC expansion has already seen blowback in other countries because the overall size of the market elsewhere is smaller than the US. This has occurred between @15-20 % of the overall market elsewhere, and given the larger size of the US market most analysts say that steady state it should be @30% of so in the US. I believe the market is already at or above those numbers, which means there will be some form of correction.

Not surprisingly the country's two oldest LCC's Southwest and America West saw it first and have launched the first moves. There are plenty of quotes from their CEO's from 3 years ago with them saying that there are too many LCC's out there. They never finished the sentence, but there subsequent moves have. Southwest essentially neutered ATA to lock down the Chicago LCC market and dip their toes into things like Hawaii and Int'l service and non-traditional Southwest markets like DCA and LGA. The latter is also exemplified in their moves into PHL and IAD. This is essential to compete against Jet Blue and AirTran who don't subscribe to the traditional Southwest model of avoiding high density airports. They have also gone into places like DEN(F9) and are returning to SFO ahead of Virgin. AmWest failed at getting ATA, but recovered by getting UsAirways. That gives them a dominant LCC presence in the types of markets JetBlue and Airtran operate plus a boatload of intl compared to other LCC's. They also have the most comprehensive codeshare destination reach of the LCC's by far. They have purchased 190's and seem to be willing to compete vs. the old UsAirways that had been retrenching in recent years. I think the moves by Southwest and Airways, plus the large number of a/c on order put pressure on the other guys-especially since the legacies aren't easy marks anymore which means increasing competition with each other. AirTran seems to be the most active of the remaining carriers but has been stymied thus far in it's attempts to get ATA and Midwest leaving it with a balky deal with Frontier. The rest seem to be a bit lost right now, but should hang on fine unless a downturn occurs. JetBlue, like the airline that it is oft compared to PEX, has value because of it's gates but I don't think the same could be said of Frontier, Midex, or Spirt. UA may be willing to overpay for Frontier to give it a monopoly in DEN and ensure that there is no money to give to their employees in the next round contracts, but that's probably it.

Latest resources

Back