Delta Rumor Mill....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey EagleBoy
Do you hate all jetBlue pilots or just the ones that flagged you on phase I?

LOL !

I don't hate any pilots there. I do think that it's nothing special company wise and overhyped. I also think, some REAL financial problems loom and have yet to be dealt with.

Never applied and never will.

Made $125K here last year and drive to work.

Why trade one regional for another.........especially the bottom of such a shaky operation ?

Last edited:
jetBlue is a bit weird in that it really looks for those highly impressionable folks you know the ones that followed Jim Jones to africa. I once went to a job fair and talked to one of their captains named Anne used to work for transtates, I think, she was appauled that I didn't know their 5 corporate values before coming to hand in my resume or who the vp of flight ops was. Perhaps I should of done my research but really isn't that for when you get an interview. I was their at a "job fair" to find out about them I didn't realize it was a test and I would already supposed to know everything there is to know abou them. She was very nice and spent the next 20 mins talking to me about how the world moves are Neelan and other stuff. I doubt everyone at the company is like her but it really turned me off. I don't think in any way, should we put corporations on such high a pedestal. It was like her religion. Weird place

jetBlue is a bit weird in that it really looks for those highly impressionable folks you know the ones that followed Jim Jones to africa. I once went to a job fair and talked to one of their captains named Anne used to work for transtates, I think, she was appauled that I didn't know their 5 corporate values before coming to hand in my resume or who the vp of flight ops was. Perhaps I should of done my research but really isn't that for when you get an interview. I was their at a "job fair" to find out about them I didn't realize it was a test and I would already supposed to know everything there is to know abou them. She was very nice and spent the next 20 mins talking to me about how the world moves are Neelan and other stuff. I doubt everyone at the company is like her but it really turned me off. I don't think in any way, should we put corporations on such high a pedestal. It was like her religion. Weird place

VERY loyal employees.

They'd follow the management right over a cliff................and possibly will, Wiley Coyote style all piled up at the bottom.

It'll just say Jet Blue instead of Acme.

CVG is the most profitable hub? Is that why the erosion in flying up there? Why would it remain a status quo if it's most profitable? Makes no sense

From a pax point of view, i can see why CVG is their most profitable hub. CVG was voted MOST expensive airport to fly out of in the USA. There is NO competition, it's almost ALL delta.. Delta has cut their flight down a bunch, nobody took that flying and the prices went way up. So they became efficient by flying fuller flights for more money.A couple congreesman here were trying to approve a shuttle system to others MUCH cheaper airports (DAY, SDF, LEX, IND, CMH) all 80-100 miles away, but it didn't happen. Actually Delta raised their prices so much in CVG, it's getting really hard to justify buying that "direct" flight for an extra 400$..... But people will still buy it, out of convenience, and delta gets away with it, because of the lack of competition.

Max, I am sure if you talked to the General about Delta, you would have gotten the same opinion of Delta. Maybe you should have tried to get a little bigger sample pool than 1 about JB.

Again, what some people don't know about jetblue I could just about squeeze into the Grand Canyon.

Anyone know where I can pick up some 'Keep jetBlue my jetBlue' pins, lanyards etc?

Anyone know where I can pick up some 'Keep jetBlue my jetBlue' pins, lanyards etc?[/quote]

IRONICALLY...it was DALPA that funded and successfully lobbied against the merger and came up with the phrase, logos, sit-ins etc. So, it looks like we have a lot of work to do at JB!!! Oh the irony of it all....!!!

Just talked to a friend of mine in the current new hire class about what they are hearing over there. He said it was emphazised at least three times that Delta will be getting 100 seaters and that they will be flown by Delta pilots. Also, apparently the director of route planning said he was very optimistic about Delta going forward. He said they will have gone from a two billion dollar loss, then BK for 18 months followed by a one billion dollar profit the first year out of BK. My friend also said a large aircraft order was being put together but it wont happen just coming out of BK in the next 60 days but more likely later in the year. My friend said the feeling is now very upbeat and he has met many pilots/employees of Delta at the training center who say this is the most exciting it has been at Delta in a very long time. Oh yeah a new paint job will be introduced upon exiting BK as well. Take it for what its worth.

Hopefully if Delta does get a 100 seater this will finaly signal a turning point where the Majors take back some of the flying they farmed out to the regionals. For the hope of any quality flying or a career worth pursuing lets hope so.

Hopefully if Delta does get a 100 seater this will finaly signal a turning point where the Majors take back some of the flying they farmed out to the regionals. For the hope of any quality flying or a career worth pursuing lets hope so.

Can I get an....AMEN BROTHER on THAT ONE!!!:D

Just talked to a friend of mine in the current new hire class about what they are hearing over there. He said it was emphazised at least three times that Delta will be getting 100 seaters and that they will be flown by Delta pilots. Also, apparently the director of route planning said he was very optimistic about Delta going forward. He said they will have gone from a two billion dollar loss, then BK for 18 months followed by a one billion dollar profit the first year out of BK. My friend also said a large aircraft order was being put together but it wont happen just coming out of BK in the next 60 days but more likely later in the year. My friend said the feeling is now very upbeat and he has met many pilots/employees of Delta at the training center who say this is the most exciting it has been at Delta in a very long time. Oh yeah a new paint job will be introduced upon exiting BK as well. Take it for what its worth.
Exit BK and then spend millions on a new paint scheme...yea, sounds about right...

Latest resources

Back