• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General,

I am looking at that.

You need to study your history-

Every legacy had similar mainline growth and rj #'s restrictions stipulated in their alpa/APA contracts. And the camel's nose was in the tent.

This mgmt play book has been used before....

Can you just admit that DALPA pilots don't want to do the RJ flying?
I don't think your group wants to do ANY domestic flying that's not 75 transcons-

Hence all the widebody gloating and threads like this glorifying the double aisled

Am I wrong

Last edited:
General,

I am looking at that.

You need to study your history-

Every legacy had similar mainline growth and rj #'s restrictions stipulated in their alpa/APA contracts. And the camel's nose was in the tent.

This mgmt play book has been used before....

Can you just admit that DALPA pilots don't want to do the RJ flying?
I don't think your group wants to do ANY domestic flying that's not 75 transcons-

Hence all the widebody gloating and threads like this glorifying the double aisled

Am I wrong

I don't think people "don't want to fly RJs at mainline", rather it would be too expensive to bring them all over. Not all of them are owned by DL, so you'd have to figure out how to integrate those. (Republic owns a bunch of the E175s, on long term contracts done during BK). When you negotiate, there is usually a certain amount of money available. Then, not all pilot "groups" (capts, FOs, etc) have the same wants and needs. Mainline pilots are all different ages, some with kids in college who are focused on paying for that. So, not everyone has that want to give up extra pay available in the negotiation.

But, mainline will be gaining a lot of "100 seaters" via your 717s, at great rates. I think the mainline pilots are very happy about that, and that will increase the domestic flying tremendously. So, your double aisle only theory is incorrect. Were the 717s expensive? Heck no, your airline is paying $143 million for DL to fly them. That is great! This airline has so much variety, those widebodies you mentioned, and all the way down to 717s flying to Chatanooga someday. That is yet another reason why DL is great.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Whatever you need to tell yourself general.
Sellout

Apparently, one gets a more bitter perspective when they're the one's who have been furloughed and seen their job replaced by one of these things- when the choice becomes: fly an RJ or get out of flying
Well then tough guy, you should have gotten out of flying, and taught the world a lesson! Bottom line, your a sellout! You bought and paid for your job because of your inability to interview well! You criticize outsourcing and take an outsourced job! You're nothing more than a 2 faced chicken ******************** who hides behind an anonymous keyboard!
You jump on anything DALPA because of something lacking in your pathetic career. Stop posting on DL threads, and you'll stop being attacked you coward! Until then, you're nothing but a child, who works for a group who sold out the industry with low pay/wages/benefits/retirement, and a pay for training job! The good news, is your groups arrogance is finally catching up with them. No more 5 year upgrades. Lines made lower than they've been in 5 years. Air Tran pilots who didn't have to buy their job. I actually understand your bitterness, only you should be looking in the mirror, sellout!
Get back to your hole, TROLL!

Whatever you need to tell yourself general.
Sellout

You get nasty because I have plausible answers that quell your assertions. It's sad Wave, and I have been fairly civil towards you. You might need to lay off the sauce a bit, and seek help.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No general, you haven't. You have a lot of excuses, but in the end you, and dalpa as a collective did what they always do- sign off on outsourcing. -

What's sad is you actually think "mainline pilots are too expensive" is a valid reason to outsource so much of your domestic flying

Wondering at what size plane that logic will ever stop?

No general, you haven't. You have a lot of excuses, but in the end you, and dalpa as a collective did what they always do- sign off on outsourcing. -

What's sad is you actually think "mainline pilots are too expensive" is a valid reason to outsource so much of your domestic flying

Wondering at what size plane that logic will ever stop?

But you come on here and post outright lies. The first 90 seat jet was at AWA, not DAL. The majority of mainline flying is done by DAL pilots not the other way around. We have 144 domestic 757's, over 150 MD-88/90's, and 120+ A-320/319's. 88 717's on the way to replace RJ flying as well. You just have personal issues with DAL, and thus have to bash at every opportunity. I have met many SWA pilots and they have all been a pleasure to talk to. I hold no animosity towards SWAPA even though they are the original camel's nose under the tent that led to the downward spiral of this industry. It was SWAPA pilots who agreed to work for low wages in the first place and only in the last 10 years have you gone to the top of the payscale, a position that you are going to lose. GK is no Herb and he's going to eat your lunch, Why? Because your airline has already started the outsourcing with the ramp, but the pilots are the biggest ripest fruit for him to pick. I'll tell you what. Let's see how great your job is 5 years from now. BTW, why do you ask others where they worked before when you won't post the name of the Legacy that furloughed you or the Regional that you sold yourself out to? Also, which airline was the first to introduce the Bae-146? It was flown by Air Wisconsin.

Last edited:
So he's a sellout because he got hired there? With that philosophy since you tried to get hired there and got turned down that would make you a "wannabe sellout failure"?

just saying ;)

That's a headshot if i've ever seen one. If swa wasn't hiring after 'ol Waveys 3rd furlough and dal was, he'd be the first one in line at the dal booth at womens in aviation.

That's a headshot if i've ever seen one. If swa wasn't hiring after 'ol Waveys 3rd furlough and dal was, he'd be the first one in line at the dal booth at womens in aviation.
He was, he just couldn't make the cut, hence the buying his job at swa!

Latest resources

Back