• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For us or you guys?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Us?

SWA doesn't outsource and our group saw fit to nip it before it ever got a foothold- learning the lesson that delta didn't -

That's too big an airplane to have outsourced GL..

But thanks for quoting me so coward bill will know what I said-
He has to ignore me though so he can continue believing everyone is envious of him and the sellout DALPA pilots-

God I can't wait til this boomer generation dies off - have they left anything at all that's better for the next generation ?

Us?

SWA doesn't outsource and our group saw fit to nip it before it ever got a foothold- learning the lesson that delta didn't -

He has to ignore me though so he can continue believing everyone is envious of him and the sellout DALPA pilots-

God I can't wait til this boomer generation dies off - have they left anything at all that's better for the next generation ?

Wave,

You guys gave away 17 cities that AT will no longer be serving thanks to your merger. That's ok, DL will use YOUR 717s to those communities and more, and TAKE BACK current routes that are used by CR9s now, which will in turn cover outgoing 50 seat routes. You fail to acknowledge any of that. Recapturing routes is a GOOD thing, for the next generation especially. Acknowledge that, and you will feel better....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Us?

Says the SCAB who elected to outsource himself. Filthy piece of garbage.

I'm a scab?

Do you know the definition?

I never got a vote in outsourcing. I didn't fly an RJ for my old legacy- so what are you talking about? That your way of projecting what was your responsibility onto someone else. Oh I know- All other rj pilots and i should have just quit flying

Whatever, take responsibility for your vote.

Mainline delta pilots had a say in outsourcing and got convinced to outsource in the 90's-then voted to reload it again, while not in bankruptcy, just when financial pressures were mounting on the 50's-

They don't care that they get rid many more 50-seaters now than -900's they pick up. Now that precedent is set, they'll just complicate the issue again and know you'll vote to allow more -900's again- bc what's another 20% more -900's when this contract gives me so much, and besides, they're already outsourced.

Piss off delta. You guys suck and I would never work for you or any other legacy. But keep chasing that carrot-

Post some more articles about widebodies you MIGHT get GL- you're still a sellout

I'm a scab?

Do you know the definition?

I never got a vote in outsourcing. I didn't fly an RJ for my old legacy- so what are you talking about? That your way of projecting what was your responsibility onto someone else. Oh I know- All other rj pilots and i should have just quit flying

Whatever, take responsibility for your vote.

Mainline delta pilots had a say in outsourcing and got convinced to outsource in the 90's-then voted to reload it again, while not in bankruptcy, just when financial pressures were mounting on the 50's-

They don't care that they get rid many more 50-seaters now than -900's they pick up. Now that precedent is set, they'll just complicate the issue again and know you'll vote to allow more -900's again- bc what's another 20% more -900's when this contract gives me so much, and besides, they're already outsourced.

Piss off delta. You guys suck and I would never work for you or any other legacy. But keep chasing that carrot-

Post some more articles about widebodies you MIGHT get GL- you're still a sellout

Come on Wave, you sold out by paying for your training. Sure, people pay for ratings everyday, but not at this level. Your airline could easily afford paying for training (they are doing it for AT 717 pilots who have never flown the 737), but you elected to do it yourself. You didn't have to, and at this level it should be shunned.

If you want to keep going, then let's talk about your company's treatment of the AT guys. I can easily get into that morass, and it is a shame also. A sellout doesn't try to "do the right thing." This latest contract recaptured DCI flying that was thought "lost." Not anymore. You still can't seem to see that those extra CR9s are covering OUTGOING 50 seaters. That means bigger planes on routes that saw smaller ones that didn't make money with higher oil. Then, add 717s to CURRENT CR9 or E170 routes. That is called GENIUS. You can't seem to understand that concept, still. It is GOOD for us. More CR9s that cover outgoing planes, and even MORE 717s (more than the number of new 76 seaters) to cover them. Wow, what a concept. 140 RJs leaving total, and 88 717s recapturing routes, thanks to you guys. Thanks!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
My post above absolutely acknowledges the outgoing 50 v -900's-
But of course you need to deflect to SWA issues and ignore what I actually wrote- maybe because you have no good defense for reloading the outsourcing market with bigger, more efficient planes??? Maybe.

Sellouts. Those planes ought to be flown by mainline.

You do know the definition of sellout, right? I CAN'T "sellout" my own self. I made the decision to buy my type, just like I made the decision to pay for my lessons at the fbo. Key words- I decided for me. I didn't decide for others. What you did at delta was sign off on the creation of an outsourced market that OTHER PILOTS WOULD HAVE TO FLY IN. Not YOU. You don't have to fly in that whipsaw market- others do. Or quit flying. It's a systemic professional issue.

There's NO EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING WHAT THAT WHIPSAW MARKET HAS DONE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO TO THE PILOT CAREER.

But don't worry, the next generation is already correcting for it- by NOT BECOMING PILOTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. You must be so proud of THAT LEGACY.

Today, -900's twice flew between SLC-LAX

And I can fill pages on FI with other routes if you want-

So you want to dispense with the bull?

It's going to supplement mainline flying just like it always have, but do it with cheaper pilots who will never have leverage to improve their lot- lest they go the way of comair.

Didn't YOU use to fly for them?

DC9-10 seats in the Northwest config - 78 seats.

CRJ-900 number of seats in the Delta config - 76 seats.

Anyone else see the problem here?

Regional pilots are NOW doing mainline flying. PERIOD.

Any other arguement is just smoke and mirrors to justify the above facts.

RA will bring the 100 seaters on next for a little pay bump at mainline, watch and learn.

Last edited:
If you want to keep going, then let's talk about your company's treatment of the AT guys.
Gary Kelly acted just like any other airline CEO after getting poked in the eye. Tim Hoeksma, former Midwest Airlines CEO, gave Joe Leonard the middle finger back in 2007. Joe responded by tripling AirTran's MKE capacity in about 2 years.

Fast forward 2-3 years, the AirTran MEC gave Gary Kelly the middle finger after being offered 30-40% pay raises on 4/1/12, a 9 year fence around ATL, and a 9 year Captain Retention Slot program. The C&Rs of SIA #1 were designed to blunt the seniority pain caused by the ISL until a substantial number of SWA pilots retired. Gary Kelly decided to show the ATN MEC who was boss just like Joe Leonard showed Tim Hoeksma who was boss back in 2009.

Today, -900's twice flew between SLC-LAX

And I can fill pages on FI with other routes if you want-

So you want to dispense with the bull?

It's going to supplement mainline flying just like it always have, but do it with cheaper pilots who will never have leverage to improve their lot- lest they go the way of comair.

Didn't YOU use to fly for them?

It's great you can find CR9s and the routes they CURRENTLY fly. That all will change when your airline gives up 88 717s. Just think about that for one minute. Then think about 140 50 seaters leaving also within the next few years. Those routes won't disappear, they will be filled by larger RJs, and the current routes by larger RJs will be covered by MAINLINE 717s.

What happens when a time of day cannot fill a mainline jet, but maybe something smaller? With your airline, you drop the service (GEG and BOI to SEA), or do a couple flights a day. With a hub and spoke, there may be smaller airplanes (like CR9s) flying in between banks. Would it be nice to have them all being flown by mainline pilots? Sure, but mainline doesn't always own those planes. And to recapture ALL of the RJs would mean zero pay increase, zero other scope recapture (INTL and domestic code share), zero additional DC % increases, zero everything else. You simply CANNOT go for all of it at once. So, what to do..... How about chip away at it and increase your percentage of the domestic flying pie? Guess what? That was done with this last contract. Scope tightened? Yup. RJs parked? Yup. More mainline planes at higher rates? Yup. Get the picture? You should...... You will soon figure this out with your NEXT contract negotiations. You won't get everything you want, nope.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back