Delta realignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
This guy is exactly right. Any of the Delta pilots beginning to realize it yet?

I know of at least one who definitely hasn't........

What are you all talking about? Delta is incapable of making money in the modern invironment.

Expand international: You lose $500,000 an hour. How many trips to London or expansion to Puerta Vallarta are going to do to make that up. What % of Delta flying is international?

100 seat thing: Chataqua, Skywest, Mesa, Mainline... Who gives a sh@t... No matter who flyes it for Delta... Delta will lose money doing it.

Shrink CVG: Now you're on to something. If it doesn't make money STOP DOING IT!

~~~^~~~ said:
FDJ2:

You often repeat this quote and try to tell everyone it means something other than what its says. Has your own zeal blinded you?UOTE]

Earth to Fins, the quote is very easy to understand, according to the RJDC and its lawsuit, no pilot group has the right to control its code, only its aircraft. You see Fins, you support a lawsuit that is aimed at eliminating scope protections and allowing airlines to outsource more and more of their code to low bidders. You need to educate yourself.

Whats clear is the RJDC is not out for whats right and whats wrong, they are out for themselves only.

My fear for Delta is they are going to get just enough relief (sale of regional, sale of aircraft, pension payment timeframe extended) that they are going to limp through the deadline for Ch11 under the old rules. I hope they can change drastically enough without Ch11, but it doesn't seem possible. I also don't see how a company with their complexity is going to be successful in Ch11 under next month's new rules.

~~~^~~~ said:
If the Delta pilots want to contract for all Delta flying - GREAT:) The problem is that the Delta pilots only want to perform some of Delta's flying while outsourcing the flying they deem as being beneath them. The RJDC believes, as do I, that once the Delta pilots sell their scope, it no longer belongs to them.

so you think we have the right to scope, but only if we have scope for all flying?? Good luck in your future negotiations, cause I don't think there are any pilot groups with enough leverage to have scope coverging all flying. So according to you, non of us can have any scope.

skykid said:
My fear for Delta is they are going to get just enough relief (sale of regional, sale of aircraft, pension payment timeframe extended) that they are going to limp through the deadline for Ch11 under the old rules.

I totally agree with you. Better to go ahead and do it. But I fear they will avoid CH11 at all costs, even if it means we go CH7 later on.

michael707767 said:
so you think we have the right to scope, but only if we have scope for all flying?? Good luck in your future negotiations, cause I don't think there are any pilot groups with enough leverage to have scope coverging all flying. So according to you, non of us can have any scope.

Jeesh - what is so hard to understand about this?

There is flying that mainline has agreed to outsource. They don't want to do it. They have sold it. It is not theirs.

Scope what you want to fly. Allow other parties to scope what you do not want to fly.

Once you agree not to perform a certain type of flying - take your hands off.

FDJ2 said:
The RJDC does not believe that any pilot group can own its code, an airline's code, according to the RJDC, can only be controlled by the airline, not the pilot group. According to the RJDC, contract language that limits an airlines ability to outsource is illegal.

FDJ2,
I'm not going to argue whether or not DALPA can "own it's code" or whether this violates ALPA's DFR. Those horses have been beat to death. One question I have for you is:

If the DAL, UAL, NWA, AAA and AMR pilot groups "own" their code, then why are there over 7000 of these pilots on furlough while other pilots are hired to fly their "code"? Were they sold out by the pilots who remain? Did they really not "own" their flying after all? If this flying was "owned" by these groups, why don't those 7000+ pilots still fly those codes?

Joe

michael707767 said:
read again what YOU just wrote. Your MECs were denied a seat when MAINLINE scope was being negotiated. Why should you be at the table when mainline scope is negotiated?

Because it affects me. It's a very simple concept Michael. ALPA represents BOTH of us, therefor when it goes to the table, it has to represent me too. While DALPA may make the decisions, legally only ALPA exists.

Latest resources

Back