Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta ramping up 717 flights in ATL and DTW. Thanks SWA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not for everyone. Accept that.

Alright, I can understand that. Some Captains don't want to be FOs again, I hear ya. From a pay and retirement standpoint, it is for everyone. Especially with huge retirement numbers and quicker advancement and QOL. Those are undeniable. But, you have your reasons. Hopefully they are good ones. Not seeing your kids grow up is not a good one thanks to current quick advancement. (At all 3 Legacies) Good luck Russ.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Russ, that's very short sighted, especially when you KNOW 7000 people will retire due to age 65 (or retire sooner), and hiring is 100 a month for JUN and JUL, then 72 per month until next April. The sooner anyone gets on the hiring train, the quicker to a line holder and weekends off. Guys are getting lines fast, and bids are going out almost every 6 weeks, allowing people to move back to bases closer to their homes. But, it's obvious that you will keep your excuses coming as you watch many around you seek greener pastures. The pay initially might be a cut, but not for long, and retirement at the Majors definitely are superior.

But, that's right, you don't need any of that.... And I don't care if you don't think I work at this airline. Maybe you clean tables at Cafe Rio. Darn good tacos there between the C and D concourses at SLC. Very good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm sure your non rev adventures take you through SLC all the time..Ooo ooo ooo first class is open I better jump on a flight!! Pffffft.......

Why would I want to work at DAL? So I can be on reserve? So I can work weekends and not see my kids grow up. So I lose money for a number of years? If I had gone to DAL back when I first had the time to, I would have been furloughed.

I'm still not convinced you work for Delta, but that's for another day.

If you don't even try to get into the game, then you got nothing to say about the way it's played. Fill out an app and stop thinking about the past.

Psssst....we all took payouts military or civilian to be here....your argument doesn't hold water.

I'm not convinced you even had a chance to be at Delta back then, but that's a story for another day.:bomb:

Last edited:
Bill

I don't know,what else I can say to make you and GL understand, I am very comfortable where I am. I don't have anything against DAL, I just don't want to work there or anywhere else. Something happens to SkyWest to reach the top 13% of the pilot group, I'll rethink it.

Honestly, is it that hard to comprehend?

Bill

I don't know,what else I can say to make you and GL understand, I am very comfortable where I am. I don't have anything against DAL, I just don't want to work there or anywhere else. Something happens to SkyWest to reach the top 13% of the pilot group, I'll rethink it.

I know a guy who was at Mesaba in the top 10%, and said the same thing a few years ago, he actually turned down the flow up.(no interview or medical, just a class date) Then things went to crap and he recently had to go through the Endeavor to DL hiring interview at DL and luckily passed. He wished now be had taken the flow up back then. But hey, Russ can do whatever he wants and disregard the signs. And regardless, he will stay in the left seat until the end, even if that ends up being a Piper Navajo to Moab. His choice....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bill

Actually for the Deltoids, it is Russ. They just can't understand why you wouldn't want to become an arrogant, River Boat jacket wearing pilot.

It's all about personal choice, and if your happy with where you are then I say excellent. Enjoy.

Russ can do whatever he wants and disregard the signs. And regardless, he will stay in the left seat until the end, even if that ends up being a Piper Navajo to Moab. His choice....

That would bring my career full circle, and I'm okay with that. Heckuva lot more interesting flying than taking a 717 or RJ into ICT.

That would bring my career full circle, and I'm okay with that. Heckuva lot more interesting flying than taking a 717 or RJ into ICT.

Yeah, flying 717s into ICT is your only choice at DL. Riiiiight. Well alrighty then....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back