Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta ramping up 717 flights in ATL and DTW. Thanks SWA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only GL could about something so insignificant to Southwest

I'm not sure I'd call it insignificant. Southwest is saving 100 million every year going forward because of this deal. Maintaining one fleet type has huge savings.

Possibly a win-win for both companies.

I'm not sure I'd call it insignificant. Southwest is saving 100 million every year going forward because of this deal. Maintaining one fleet type has huge savings.

Possibly a win-win for both companies.

True....now the wizards are saying JB should dump the 190s on UAL....who knows?

Wavey said you guys are getting the 787.... Any comment?

True....now the wizards are saying JB should dump the 190s on UAL....who knows?

Wavey said you guys are getting the 787.... Any comment?

Haha. A little premature. You know Wave. I think the Max will take us plenty of places with it's 3900nm range. There's plenty of opportunity outside of the US if SW decides to expand.

A number of those cities will revert back to regional service or no DAL service within short order.

A number of those cities will revert back to regional service or no DAL service within short order.

Uhhhhh, 50 or more 717s haven't even shown up yet. Some cities may come and go (I thought DL announced a limited Abilene, TX service from ATL for a couple months??) but, the planes remain, trying new city pairs. No other mainline narrow bodies are scheduled to retire for years except some 757s, which are being replaced by 100 737-900ERs and 45 new A321s. Sooooooo, I think a lot more smaller cities are going to see the 717. Plus, RA pretty much stated a narrowbody base in SEA is coming. The more 717s put in DTW, the more Compass E175s go out West, and you know what that means Russ. Btw, have you put in an app at DL?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Why would I want to work at DAL? So I can be on reserve? So I can work weekends and not see my kids grow up. So I lose money for a number of years? If I had gone to DAL back when I first had the time to, I would have been furloughed.

I'm still not convinced you work for Delta, but that's for another day.

Why would I want to work at DAL? So I can be on reserve? So I can work weekends and not see my kids grow up. So I lose money for a number of years? If I had gone to DAL back when I first had the time to, I would have been furloughed.

I'm still not convinced you work for Delta, but that's for another day.

Russ, that's very short sighted, especially when you KNOW 7000 people will retire due to age 65 (or retire sooner), and hiring is 100 a month for JUN and JUL, then 72 per month until next April. The sooner anyone gets on the hiring train, the quicker to a line holder and weekends off. Guys are getting lines fast, and bids are going out almost every 6 weeks, allowing people to move back to bases closer to their homes. But, it's obvious that you will keep your excuses coming as you watch many around you seek greener pastures. The pay initially might be a cut, but not for long, and retirement at the Majors definitely are superior.

But, that's right, you don't need any of that.... And I don't care if you don't think I work at this airline. Maybe you clean tables at Cafe Rio. Darn good tacos there between the C and D concourses at SLC. Very good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back